An American Biab & No Chill Convert!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crozdog

Lunchbox Legend!
Reaction score
Thought you'd be interested to see that at least 1 american is BIABing and using no chill after picking up the ideas on AHB!! http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/ghetto-con...ab-rims-146019/

interesting he uses a rims to maintain mash temps. i like his ideas of using a "steamer basket" to hold the bag & the grill to support it to drain instead of using a skyhook.

There's a forum user from the US who BIABs;. Not sure about his chilling methods but he's been doing it quite a while and is an advocate for it. I'm pretty sure it's more prevalent in the states than we think.

Katzke?

i like his ideas of using a "steamer basket" to hold the bag & the grill to support it to drain instead of using a skyhook.

exactly what I do, I even have the same basket. It is from a 40l crab cooking set.
It works a charm, and I use a pot lid to press down on the bag inside the basket to squeeze as much wort out as I can.

I can't say I have the greatest efficiency in the world, (but i am working on it) but it sure makes for an easy brew day.

hey thats basically a ghetto version of the german 'braumeister' system, which I thought is what biab was basically meant to emulate in the first place. cool :p

Latest posts

Back