American Dorado Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbottdk

Reaction score
I was looking to purchase a Euro Grand kegerator from Pinnacle wholesalers. the new 2011 model has a st steel font and st steel American Dorado taps. The cost looked too good at $480 (pickup). I started reading some posts on this forums with a lot of negativity regarding the taps.
Has anyone purchase the new 2011 model and how do the st steel taps compare to the chrome taps? Also can the
dorado taps be replaced with celi taps later?

Can't comment on the ss taps, but yeah, the Celi's will fit in place

Can't comment on the ss taps, but yeah, the Celi's will fit in place

I saw on another post you were concerned with the compressor, did you purchase a Euro Guard unit? as it is difficult to confirm the compressor until the purchase has been made.

Avoid Chinese chrome taps & fonts like the plague..... The fridges are fine, ask for a price without the font & tap & buy a quality one from elsewhere.

Unfortunately Cellis can't be retro fitted very easily, but not necessary if you buy good quality taps & font in 1st place.

Cheers Ross

Avoid Chinese chrome taps & fonts like the plague..... The fridges are fine, ask for a price without the font & tap & buy a quality one from elsewhere.

Unfortunately Cellis can't be retro fitted very easily, but not necessary if you buy good quality taps & font in 1st place.

Cheers Ross

Ross,
Thanks for the advice. their website states that the 2011 model comes:
"This New Model Also Comes With Top Quality American Dorado Taps And Stainless Font Instead Of Chrome Plated Fonts."

Would you still advise to purchase without the font and taps

Doug

I've got a couple of Dorado Taps, they are cheap!

They are ok, but compared to a Celi there is no comparision.

Pitty the Celi's were not a bit cheaper, I would replace every tap I have.

QldKev

The compressor in mine is an LG one, which are fine IMO. I have one Celi and one Dorado on the font and they fit fine. I could easily get another Celi in there with out issue. Which I plan on doing as soon as CB have deal of the moment with them :ph34r:

Edit: sorry yeah, I bought the Euro Grand from Pinnacle. As far as I'm aware most of these units are the same just with different branding. Pls correct me if I'm wrong though someone...

Latest posts

Back