amber ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've finally gotten back into homebrewing lately, and have brewed up the two best batches of beers I've ever made (amazing what a couple of years not brewing but reading about it will do for that!). I am almost ready to move outdoors, but won't be able to afford the equipment until probably November. I've been doing full 5 gallon boils on my electric (glass top) stove in my relatively light-weight polarware kettle with excellent results (had always partial-boiled before). I had heard somewhere, though, either on the forums or on some other site, that boiling large amounts like this on a kitchen stove was an excellent way to destroy your stove. I think the guy's quote was something like 'every batch you do, you're closer to blowing out your stove' or something to that effect. Does anyone have any insight on this? I'd like to get 2-3 batches in before fall (I've got an awesome-looking Octoberfest Dunkelweizen I want to try) but i don't wanna risk doing serious damage as we really, REALLY can't afford appliances right now (or a divorce). Any thouhts?

• Clever Brewing uses an express courier service.
  • The weights shown refer to volumetric weight.
  • All orders use delivery tracking methods.
Melbourne

Weight

Shipping price

up to 10kg

$12.50

10kg - 20kg

$15.00

20kg - 25kg

$20.00

Victoria and Main Metro Areas

Weight

Shipping price

up to 3kg

$12.50

3kg - 5kg

$14.00

5kg - 10kg

$18.00

10kg - 20kg

$25.00

20kg - $25kg

$35.00
(Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart, Darwin, Canberra, Newcastle, Gold Coast)

Other Australian Destinations

Weight

Shipping price

up to 1kg

$15.00

1kg - 3kg

$17.50

3kg - 5kg

$22.50

5kg - 10kg

$35.00

10kg - 20kg

$50.00

delivery from melbourne black ipa tomorrow

That's some professor grade awesomeness for this thread kerrplease

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1484451518.902761.jpg

Made black IPA for mum next Christmas .pale ale milky malt like a stout. Is their a beer that i should buy because amber ale was a none goer did not make sense and the only place that sells it is america.is their some sort of reason to buy different types.IMGP2222.JPG

Well, beer has been made by the kerrplease. Good on you mate. I'm sure your mum is in luck for a fine brew.

Can was great mum drunk more than any one but the all grain still fermenting in bottle just now the extract is 3 day in the fermenter still so it to will not be ready until 2 months i think i might have to ferment the extract for two week's by the looks.all grain for Christmas for mum again and sister wants extract next month or in winter when i should of fermented 18 to 20 degree's is.

found these to, in my tafe books on how they were trying to find different vitiates of hop's.it take's them years to find new ones.

IMGP2251.JPG

IMGP2253.JPG

IMGP2254.JPG

IMGP2257.JPG

IMGP2258.JPG

IMGP2259.JPG

Latest posts

Back