amber ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bribie G said:
If some amber were dug up and found to contain a 76 million year old barley seed in it, and if that could be gene-sequenced and reborn then we could have Jurassic Bock.
Be Olde Ale

Kerrplease if I may be so bold - The tiny things that you harness to produce your delicious ginger ale are very similar to the yeasts and pathogens you describe. Its amazing how something such as yeast can be used to produce something as amazing as ginger beer. There have even been bottles of beer sunk in shiprwecks that have been able to breed! Such a wonderful world!

Cheers

I might be starting amber ale ! it was all i could find from my course like codlier's grain codlier's like seed and tissue culture as i did back when i finished school.a line and grow seeds eg codliers like grain seeds for beer.
but no one has wanted any of stout lager or corona still so it might be a while. no other beer names make sense except the amber ale maybe their is grain names or scientific reasons for south america sink holes that can be and eg of who amber ale is or was made.their are many eg where shown to me at more than one ocation but why would it be some thing totally different.

maybe a seed is like a plate of amber in ways it can be added or taken away this is how we remembered how to germinate may different plant using different eg to apply it to something that was the same in ways so we do not forget how to. large seed pods large seed remover eg kilm's for making clay pots. does any one hered of

Ducatiboy stu said:
I think I get it

Amber is fossilised tree sap that has insects caught in it
Not only insects but single cell microorganisms like yeast, if yeast can be brought back to life as has been done, why not some of the ancient seeds.

why is ancient so important anyway. How does it effect people in many ways.
the different's between knowing and not knowing that is how we adapt to the surroundings like a molecule in beer. ADAPTATION the way beer was made to the way beer is made to day.like large organism can be a threat to smaller organism.

for all plant's to grow it needs xylem and phylum except soft tissue like banana trees . does this determen growth rate to . in many cases they found that to have growth rate may or may not determen the out come anyway.so they left it up to the people to have their say.this may or may not be the way it will be used and tort to people in the years to come.this also can be written down and read out to people but still may or may not be use again.

maybe adaptation was just one of the ways people can and will find new ideas that leads to some thing great.

"the sink wholes with amber candles that where used to establish amber ale".ref Alfred Kerr.

all i need is the proof then the copy rights.

kerrplease said:
"the sink wholes with amber candles that where used to establish amber ale".ref Alfred Kerr.

Kerrplease is so goddammn cool that he is actually able to quote himself!

Shit just got real.

AMBER ALE

A: air mesh
M: mash
B: boil
E: every so often add hops
R: refrigerate to cool

A: add to fermenter
L: line with yeast
E: evaporate until fermented

kerrplease said:
AMBER ALE

A: air mesh
M: mash
B: boil
E: every so often add hops
R: recool

A: add to fermenter
L: line with yeast
E: evaporate until fermented

I like a good Amber. Late hopped with Cascade goes really well.

Happy New Year Kerr.

thankyou i was going to buy one pack of amber ale but the grain recipes only sell to america no international parcels.

my family took a whole box for Christmas so i only have a couple left so i might see if i can do it for next Christmas again with all grain recipe.the local sit for aus only has 5 different recipes packs made up pale ale or black ipa some other names no amber ale . the last ones that went on Christmas were just can and dextrose . maybe this time i can all grain until then. mum loved them and every one said who nice they were. i will have to look harder for a reason to buy one like maybe a magazine on recipes so i can pick one that suits me.

All grain amber is not too hard to come up with, Not really a need to buy a pack.

powders1.jpgat least the thread did not get locked again
when i first ring the brewers shop he said come in and see he hung up but if i do not know something i would have to go in there and see my self. the photo has some grain on the bottom shelf with a lot of dextros but on the top.i could ask if he could measure some up then mill it as well.

could i change my mined with the title being amber ale to black ipa. mum took most of the can of malt ones so i went and bought a black ipa recipe pack for them next christmas.all grain?
A dark and very hoppy ale that is a perfect year-round beer. The colour gives the false impression of a thick malty stout but the taste is of a well-balanced pale ale with just a hint of roasted malt. The single hop brew gives a distinctive Cascade aroma and burst of citrus flavour in the mouth, followed up with a bitter sweet and smooth after taste.

This recipe includes the malts, hops and yeast to brew this beer. You will need to have the necessary equipment for all-grain brewing.

OG: 1.055
FG: 1.012
IBU: 58
EBC: 50
ABV: 5.7% this is all that's left from them!
IMGP2170.JPG

Ingredients:
- Pale Malt
- Light Munich Malt
- Carafa Special II Malt
- Crystal (Medium) Malt
- Cascade Hops
IMGP1990.JPG
- Dextrose for priming bottles
- Yeast, depending on your selection

Latest posts

Back