Amber Ale Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4. What sort of yeast should I use? I have no temperature control at the moment so the temp will probably vary between 21 and 27
US-05 would be your best dry choice... hmm but at 27C you're asking a bit much!!

I have no temp control either, but use a wet towel and drip tray (in my case an large plastic lid). I check it morning and night to make sure it hasn't dried out and can easily keep it between 18 and 21 in the current weather in VIC.

Change the current 15min to 5, or f/o. Keep the ibu/og ratio basically where it is.

Lol! I know that you mean "flame out" when you say f/o but it took me a minute to get it straight in my head. I almost thought you were saying "change the current 15 to 5 or f*$k off"

HABAHAGD.
Jono.

Forgot to mention the temp.....
keep it as low as possible....as kiwimark says, wet towels, drip trays and wotnot can easily do this for you. Frozen PET bottles, fan, whatever. There are hundreds of options for keeping ferment temp down....searching is your friend on this one; its almost as common an issue as airlocks. ;) But the importance of it can't be stressed enough. Even if you have the worlds best recipe, fermenting it at 27 will F it in the A.

Latest posts

Back