Amarillo - new season coming.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
takai said:
Ahtanum also seems to be harder to find here, several recipes i have wanted to do call for it but no-one seems to stock it.
2014-crop Ahtanum hasn't been available from local suppliers yet.

Spiesy said:
2014-crop Ahtanum hasn't been available from local suppliers yet.
But even 2013-crop didnt seem to be available. I havnt seen it for a couple of years locally, plus im almost through the 20oz i brought back from the US in Nov...

takai said:
But even 2013-crop didnt seem to be available. I havnt seen it for a couple of years locally, plus im almost through the 20oz i brought back from the US in Nov...
We had 2013, couple of different drops. Maybe you've been looking in the wrong places ;)

guys this is a gentle reminder to the retailers in this thread.
this is not a retail thread so please keep the plugs to pas as per the rules.

On that note I'd sugest members check our sponsors for their latest offerings. And perhaps retailers could go that extra step and keep the punters in the loop as to what they're expecting especially with hops as they are so seasonal. I would think this would be the first place I'd be sprooking my up coming wares if I was paying for air time.

I feel I should clarify. Those in the industry are aware ahead of time of availability of certaiin varieties. I feel it a short comming of the larger and specialized retailers that they don't show known short fallls onsite. We all know the blame is not with the particular retailer. End of the day we may not be competing with the big boys but we'd like the same time and opportunity to adjust our brewing to accommodate what is/will be available.

Rant done and I have to say all my hops have come from clicks from this forum.

MB

Latest posts

Back