Amarillo Extract

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sloth

Reaction score
Hey all,

Came across 100g of amarillo pelets the other day but i have not used them before.

Just wondering if anybody has any advice on the best way to use amarillo or if they have a good recipe that uses them. I was thinking something along the lines of an APA or similar.

I haven't acheived the glory of AG yet (and i dont have much free time) so a simple extract recipe would be great.

Cheers, Sloth.

Hey Sloth,

If this is your first time using amarillo I would make a simple APA and use all the hops for flavour and aroma. Maybe some pale extract and crystal with an OG of 1.052 and the hop schedule below will get you to 33 IBUs, if you want to go higher using a clean bittering hop at 60mins.

20.00 gm Amarillo Gold [8.40%] (20 min) Hops 12.2 IBU
20.00 gm Amarillo Gold [8.40%] (15 min) Hops 10.0 IBU
20.00 gm Amarillo Gold [8.40%] (10 min) Hops 7.3 IBU
20.00 gm Amarillo Gold [8.40%] (5 min) Hops 4.0 IBU
20.00 gm Amarillo Gold [8.40%] (Dry Hop 7 days)

There are a few threads around on amarillo and if your into APAs I would check out the Skunk Fart Ale thread.

Jye,

Thanks for that, and I appreciate the fast response.

That was pretty much the sort of thing I was looking for. This will give me the oppurtunity to taste the amarillo hops by themselves before i start combinging them with other hops.

Cheers, Sloth. :beer:

Back