Am I freaking out for no reason

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can, chill the fermenter to 2-4C in a fridge for 3 days and you won't need the finings

Will be running another test sample tonight which will be 24hrs apart and will check, It tastes pretty good I am so stoked. I have now got enough bottles between drinking (coopers sparkling ale, pale ale, extra stout 750mls and cricketers arms keepers ale and spearhead pale ale) and buying another 12 empty amber long necks with a good mix of 330ml bottles and 750ml long necks. If it is stable over 48hrs do i drop the finings then?

Unfortunately sp0rk i don't have a spare fridge and i don't think the missus will be happy if i chuck the fridge contents into an esky for homebrew lol. Will be hopefully moving back to Hervey Bay by the end of the year, when i am set up and established up there i will be looking at a spare fridge and proper temp control. I've heard the lhbs up there is the best, a little excited being so close to something so regarded.

3 consecutive nights at 1.012, plan to bottle on Monday due to the public holiday and having to work the weekend. If I drop the finings tomorrow arvo will it give enough time to do its thing?

Having never used finnings I cannot talk from experience but I would say 48hrs at ambient temp would be fine. I would expect it would do it with in a few hours as when the denser gelatin makes its way down to the bottom it takes the proteins and yeast to the bottom.

I have a fridge and generally cc for 3 days +-1 day and get decent results although I find if I don't cc 1 week in the keg and a few beers in its pritty crystal clear doing pimped kits like 600g max spec malts.

Up to you and the outcome you want! It will be beer and hopefully tasty no matter what!

Stgdragon4life said:
Unfortunately sp0rk i don't have a spare fridge and i don't think the missus will be happy if i chuck the fridge contents into an esky for homebrew lol. Will be hopefully moving back to Hervey Bay by the end of the year, when i am set up and established up there i will be looking at a spare fridge and proper temp control. I've heard the lhbs up there is the best, a little excited being so close to something so regarded.
local home brew shop is awsome martin is great with any problems up hear mate

Back