Aluminium Alloy In A Bar?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also drilled thru the back edge of the lid, so that the cooling lines are no probs either...
View attachment 10729

Hi Linz,

Thanks for the pic.
Just thinking aloud, but, if I kept the manifold close to the entrance point of the "gas in" line,(close to the lid hinge and mounted on the lid) then it should all stay reasonably neat, given that those hoses are as stiff as a honeymooners "thingo". :eek: :lol:
I hope to be posting pics of my project as it goes along.

Cheers

Guys;
Sorry to drag up an old topic...

I'm chasing the font snaplocks like these in post #56
snaplocks.jpg

Anyone know where i can source these? Without outrageous prices? :blink:

Cheers

Yep - i sell them for 55.00 ea will deal on bulk purchase.

Hi guys,

Just been down finishing this project off - got some of of the cool decal holders from Ross ages ago, and finally got it all sorted.

Because I am a lazy bum, I cut some white perspex to fill the center of the decal holder - that way I can use it as white board and just write the brew on their in whiteboard pen!

Anyway - this is how it turned out (ignore the crap in the shed behind the bar!!)

M
bar0002.jpgbar0003.jpgbar0004.jpg

that does look like a fantastic font,originality has been at the forefront of your artwork mate, massive congrats on the finished product.
cheers,dan

you've set the standard for the next flooded font project, and i like the texta flags

Nice work mate!

Sorry to bring up an old post, but where did you get those snaplocks?

Cheers,

Troy

sathid they are called panel adapters , beertech in perth have them for $50 dollars
cheers paul

Just had a look. Beertech seem very pricey on all of their products, and those shanks look to be chromed, rather than stainless (also have a narrower diameter shaft than the ones in this thread). Does anyone else have them?

Want it to suit a ventmatic

Are they the same fitting?

Really would like something shorter than 4 inches long. Wont fit in the font I have planned.

Are they the same fitting?

Really would like something shorter than 4 inches long. Wont fit in the font I have planned.

what have you got planned , we may be able to help a bit more
cheers paul

Oh, well those shanks are for going through fridge doors.
That's what I thought you meant by "shank".
If your making a font like mobrien you wont be needing any of those.
It's hard to tell and I'm no font expert but it looks like he's just got snaplocks screwed into that thing.

Hi Guys,

Its funny to see this thread revived!

What info are you after on my font? The tap conectors are snaplocks, and through the SCUBA tank it was a threaded adapter - there are some photos on post 56 of this thread that explain it. The snaplocks are screwed to the adapters in the photo, and the beer lines to the back with the olive (inside the line) and the compression fitting. If that all doens't make sense, I have a spare in the shed I can take photos of.

I got all my stuff second hand from Andale in Brisbane - I told the guy what I wanted, what I was doing, and he rang me when the right stuff came in. Was about $100-$150 all up, but thats a very foggy memory!

Any other questions just ask!

M

Thanks for the reply. I've tracked down the fitting I wanted at Beertech (it's not on their website). Thanks for the heads up Paulbb.

I'm just about to order my tap and adapter from Craftbrewer, and was wondering what the correct fitting between the panel adapter snaplock, and a ventmatic tap would be?

is it this: Adapter shank and coupling nut?

Latest posts

Back