Alternative uses for Starsan?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And to continue the :icon_offtopic: If you make the homemade PBW it works wonders on those grout lines. Has to be a fresh mix though, it's not something you can make and leave in a spray bottle for next time. Wear a particle mask if spraying. I choose not to and just use a sponge.

Re-passivating your brew-gear after it's had a bloody-good clean & scrubbage after a long hiaitus.

As noted above, though, the Oxalic would probably be cheaper.

Smeared undiluted on a badly scorched concealed element, sit for half a day and the scorch peels off like a big black postage stamp. Remember not to stick your finger in your mouth after, reckon it took a couple of decades off my teeth ;)

Diluted it cuts through soap on your hands extremely well. Sometimes if I am doing the laundry and get watered down laundry powder on my hands it can be hard to wash off, quick spritz with star san, all is gone.

I use it on the underside of my horses hooves after digging out the crud (diluted as per recommended) as a substitute for antiseptics others use to keep

He's going great...

Use it to sanitize the bench top before making a big batch of sausages

Ducatiboy stu said:
Makes a good rust converter
A little Googling seems to suggest that you're not kidding. Which is good for me as I'm looking for a cheap rust converter. :)

Just used it to clean a blackboard. Works excellently.

Beer Ninja said:
A little Googling seems to suggest that you're not kidding. Which is good for me as I'm looking for a cheap rust converter. :)
Actually its cheaper to buy proper rust converter, although being a thick liquid Star San is good for spot patches

Kingy said:
I clean the black board. And spray it on everything when im wiping down fridges and benches etc.

Awesome, I have a wall that is a blackboard and it's a shit of a thing to clean. Might give this a go!

Once accidentally got it in my eye. It was similar to the time I was maced.... Could be a cheap alternative..... :ph34r:

mckenry said:
Once accidentally got it in my eye. It was similar to the time I was maced.... Could be a cheap alternative..... :ph34r:
I guess that explains this

photo-thumb-3054.jpg

Has anyone used starsan for sterilising baby bottles and associated paraphernalia?

Wonder if it would be to strong for them.

Perfect for the job.

Just give it a rinse afterwards with hot water

Nullnvoid said:
Has anyone used starsan for sterilising baby bottles and associated paraphernalia?

Wonder if it would be to strong for them.
i did and it was fine. its better than miltons although the midwife did give me a strange look but once i explained that it broke down to basically water on the finish she was fine with it.

Sounds like it might be good to clean a dirty arsehole with if wiping isn't quite doing the job around roids and such. It goes without saying you'd have to keep your sphincter muscle squeezed extremely hard and tight during the process of course before a prolonged soothing rinse on the bidet.

Back