Almost Lager Weather

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonk

Reaction score
I went to check on a oatmeal stout i was making in the old fridge and have discovered a rather unusual occurence. I may need a heat belt for my brew !! ... in Darwin :eek:

Yes its been 16C in my fermenting fridge, no wonder its been slow going for the ferment.

Might have to sneak in a lager while no one is looking B)

tell me about it. stupid 1469 setting like concrete on the bottom of my fermenter. but like you say almost lager time. czech pils here i come.

16 in darwin...13 in mossman...am thinking i might need a heat belt to....no doubt when i put my first real lager down the weather will go back to normal

I got a US0 sitting on 14-15 it is starting to show signs of ferment so hope that warms the fridge up. Went to put my light in but the arse end fell apart and its not fixable so will have to try warm it up some how.

it's well below 10 down in Melbourne. Could just about turn the fridges off and leave all my beer outside to keep cool.

it's well below 10 down in Melbourne. Could just about turn the fridges off and leave all my beer outside to keep cool.

Bloody hell, it didn't get UP to 10 here on Wednesday.

Bloody hell, it didn't get UP to 10 here on Wednesday.

Yep, I was just typing a response myself, these poor buggers are talking minimums... this time of the year I've got stuff in the fridge to keep it UP to 16 as a maximum...

I tell you what vic45, I reckon we are in for an old-school winter down here.

Yep, with 150 odd years of records, over millions of years of the earths existence, we surely can understand the weather!

Sorry, had to say....

Global warming, MEH!

:icon_drunk:

Carry on.

Maybe a tax would have prevented melting which occurred following the last Ice Age ????????????

Just sayin :lol:

been lager weather in ACT for the last two weeks, sub zero mornings and 12-15 degrees in the day

No lagers on my to brew list though... :huh:

been lager weather in ACT for the last two weeks, sub zero mornings and 12-15 degrees in the day

No lagers on my to brew list though... :huh:

Tell me about it - also ACT. Have the grains and hops weighed, fermenter sanitised and a -2 degrees in the garage min eans this brewer is having eggs on toast and waiting until the afternoon. Also not doing a lager. When it is this cold your palette says dark ales, stouts, not cold refreshing lager, so mentally hard to get motivated for them...... This one will be an IPA with amirillo and nelson, and then I am having a crack at the white rabbit clone v2 recipe tomorrow (but will be dry hopping pacific gem given subsequent comments in the WHDA clone string).

Tell me about it - also ACT. Have the grains and hops weighed, fermenter sanitised and a -2 degrees in the garage min eans this brewer is having eggs on toast and waiting until the afternoon. Also not doing a lager. When it is this cold your palette says dark ales, stouts, not cold refreshing lager, so mentally hard to get motivated for them...... This one will be an IPA with amirillo and nelson, and then I am having a crack at the white rabbit clone v2 recipe tomorrow

re 1) "...When it is this cold your palette says dark ales, stouts, not cold refreshing lager, so mentally hard to get motivated for them..."

Two lagers fermenting in the attached pic, a Munich & a Vienna. Each includes some Carafa. ie. 'dark'...

2) "Almost Lager Time". Fridgemate equals twelve months a year 'LagerTime' in Nicholls. If desired...

Cheers

Image046.jpg

Image044.jpg

Tell me about it - also ACT. Have the grains and hops weighed, fermenter sanitised and a -2 degrees in the garage min eans this brewer is having eggs on toast and waiting until the afternoon. Also not doing a lager. When it is this cold your palette says dark ales, stouts, not cold refreshing lager, so mentally hard to get motivated for them...... This one will be an IPA with amirillo and nelson, and then I am having a crack at the white rabbit clone v2 recipe tomorrow (but will be dry hopping pacific gem given subsequent comments in the WHDA clone string).

Amarillo and Nelson :icon_drool2:

Goomba

Latest posts

Back