All grain beer videos and podcasts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VP Brewing

Reaction score
Hi all,
My wife is in hospital and doesn't look like getting out for a little while yet and I've spent weeks sitting around trying to occupy myself while she rests and it's wearing pretty thin so wondering if anyone can recommend some good brewing vids or podcasts I can look up.
I'm staying here 24/7 and starting to feel like a patient but they still won't give me any drugs so I might as well learn something.....

Podcasts.
Basic Brewing Radio
Brewingnetwork
Beersmith

Video try.
You tube
Basic Brewing radio,but go with you tube first as there are a lot of Aussie vids to be found there,some posted by members here I believe.
If that doesn't keep you busy nothing will :) ...cheers...spog....

Brewing TV isn't bad if you want something to watch, plenty of back episodes available from their website

Definitely the Beersmith podcasts, they have video and audio and can be easily downloaded from your smartphone. Just go to http://beersmith.com/blog/category/podcast/ find a topic you fancy and enjoy! I think there are 91 Podcasts at the moment but probably hundreds of blog articles that you can read up on other topics.

They also have their Podcast radio which just streams their podcasts as an alternative.

Great place to start - http://brewingtv.com/episode-index/
Recommend starting at episode 1 and going through until the boys leave.
Really enjoyable.

A coupleof good Oz ones -

And if you can ignor this guys fingers-

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Also QldKev has got some random videos on youtube which are pretty good :)

luggy said:
Brewing TV isn't bad if you want something to watch, plenty of back episodes available from their website
Chip has kicked off his own Channel, Chop & Brew, well worth a watch

shmang said:
Chip has kicked off his own Channel, Chop & Brew, well worth a watch
+1 for chop and brew! Plus there is the original series of brewing tv, about 50 episodes on northernbrewer.com

Thanks fellas. Been watching a few of them now. Would love the yanks to be normal and use kg, grams, litres and celcius tho.
Cheers

longlostbelgian said:
Thanks fellas. Been watching a few of them now. Would love the yanks to be normal and use kg, grams, litres and celcius tho.
Cheers
I'd love them (both chop and brew as well as brewing TV) to be normal and not have deplorable and pointless sign off lines. In genuinely painful!

Mate get into "The Session from The Brewing Network or "Brew Strong" also from The Brewing Network, bunch of funny lads with a good dry sense of humour! Plenty of back dated episodes will keep you entertained for hours!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1416084768.823619.jpg

The graph misses how metric is also interconnected. 1ml water weighs 1g and is one cubic centimetre.

While I also wish they used metric, I like their retort... There's 2 types of countries in the world. Those who use the metric system, and those who've been to the moon.

I wasn't aware Liberia and Burma have been to the moon.

tiprya said:
I wasn't aware Liberia and Burma have been to the moon.
No they haven't but I'm sure you could get some shit there that will take you to the moon.:)
On a more serious note,another podcast is Aus Beer Journey. Annoyingly though some times the audio quality is crap so you really need to listen.

Latest posts

Back