Ale-ticpiation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so how do we go about entering? is there a drop off point etc? or is this TBA?

Can I assume that as it's a competition for the best UK beer that the case will be 12 x 500ml bottles. (UK beer dons't come in little bottles)

Also 2.25L of beer is 5 bottles as I only bottle in metric pints. That's a hassel to ship. Why not make it 1 litre like most other comps?

BOG

The case will be a case of 24 330ml bottles. I understand that shipping may be an issue with the volume so I'll have a chat to the guys (details aren't finalised but should be soon) but the initial thought was for 1.8l total volume so 6 stubbies or 3 longnecks or 4 pints.

In terms of drop off points or delivery points, these are yet to be decided as there are still drop off point coming on board but there are two main points to start. My place or the brewery.

Any more info about this comp surfaced? I'd be very interested.

Are there any plans for organising interstate drop-off points where the beers can be bulk shipped by courier to the host state for a small fee contribution towards group shipping costs? Not knowing how much three longnecks will cost to send via post but it won't be cheap.

Are there any plans for organising interstate drop-off points where the beers can be bulk shipped by courier to the host state for a small fee contribution towards group shipping costs? Not knowing how much three longnecks will cost to send via post but it won't be cheap.

The other fun part is how to get your carton (or cartons) back too.

RK is on holidays at the moment for a few weeks - so not sure if he will have access to the net.

I am sure he will be able to expand on any questions upon his return early next month though.

Cheers!

For Sydney entrants, I called Fastway couriers today and for shipping to Adelaide Metro area is $55 for a parcel 45x45x45cm and up to 25 kg. I am only entering three beers but if anyone else wants to coordinate a bulk shipping please post your interest. I will work out how many bottles can fit into these dimensions and post back here if that's OK.

I'm sure Aus post will be way cheaper. Why are you worrying about a courier for 3 beers?

You might be right. My thoughts were loosely based on a random calculation that estimates a single bottle to Adelaide being $11.90, but with 18 bottles via Fastway it would be $3 a bottle.
Are there some cheaper ways to use the Australia Post system?

there would be much cheaper options, most microbreweries, beershops, online beer clubs etc have all cut a good deal with the post office for whole cases of beer for as little as around 12 bucks. So at a guess for a one of from joe blow couldn't be more then 20 bucks for a whole case of beer. don't quote me just yet.

If you have others you know of sending beer such as clubs etc you could all go in together and send a case.

I don't know how to use the system to get the cheapest rate but can find out, there are plenty of brewers on here that would use the system to send cases of beer to individuals almost everyday.

i will follow up on the interstate issues around sending out the cases back to entrants and ppst back soon. in terms of interstate drop off points, there currently arent any and there werent originally plans for them but i will investigate.
cheers for the interest guys.

Back