Aldi Stirling 150L Keezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
technobabble66 said:
Bribie G.
He sees brewing equipment.
Especially at Aldi.

WHYWASMYALDITHREADCLOSEDBribie

backyard_ brewer said:
Has anyone ever seen any other homebrew paraphernalia at Aldi?

There is a dedicated thread somewhere mate. PM Bribie and he will show you where it is.

backyard_ brewer said:
Has anyone ever seen any other homebrew paraphernalia at Aldi?
Besides ingredients e.g. oats, flaked wheat, flour, honey, fruit etc?

Sure - Aluminium foil, plastic wrap, funnels, bar fridges, silicon bakeware. To name just a very few....

EVERY supermarket, $2 shop or corner store stock items that can be utilised in a home brewery

Picked up some nice digital thermos the other day and a real good power paint mixer that will be sharpened for doing fruit wines.

I once made an Aldi Ale with cornflakes, oats, brown sugar etc :blink:

Aldi is good for those often expensive brew cave items that they pop out on special a few times a year, not often found at Colesworth.. including:

Probably the best copper bottomed 10.5L stockpot on the market for under $20 (in stock now)
Digital thermometers
Small hot water urns
vacuum sealers
really cheap eskies
kitchen timers

As well as the usual bar fridges, freezers.

Bribie G said:
I once made an Aldi Ale with cornflakes, oats, brown sugar etc :blink:

Aldi is good for those often expensive brew cave items that they pop out on special a few times a year, not often found at Colesworth.. including:

vacuum sealers
really cheap eskies
I'm jonesing for them to bring back their eskies and vacuum bags
Way too lazy to trawl ebay for cheap ones...

Don't forget cheap electric pressure cookers for yeast farming and who could forget the Aldi randall.

Grabbed one today after reading this thread, Aldi Warringal (heidelberg, vic) have one left if anyone is looking for one. Fits in the back of an i30...

Also picked up the materials to build a collar, that'll be my project for tomorrow.

Looking quite nice next to my Aldi esky mash tun...

Grabbed one today after reading this thread, Aldi Warringal (heidelberg, vic) have one left if anyone is looking for one. Fits in the back of an i30...

Also picked up the materials to build a collar, that'll be my project for tomorrow.

Looking quite nice next to my Aldi esky mash tun...

Nice mate, im supriesed they still have stock left!

Do UL some pics once you have the collar done, also give me a PM if you need help with the stc-1000

Interior width/depth/length would be really useful, thanks.

Alright mate,
Witdth(side to side ex hump) 535mm
Depth (front to back) is 445mm
Height (bottom to top lip exc lid) is 685mm

And the hump is:
Wide 190mm
High 210mm
And depth full.

You can fit x2 kegs and if you had smaller 9L cornys 2 of the to.

sorry for a thread bump.. just thinking of when my keezer dies, will this take 3 cornys and a small co2 bottle without collar? looks a fraction small to me.

Has anyone put a collar on one of these freezers to make it big enough to take 4 cornies? I've done some measuring and it's going to need a fairly big one to make it so.

I've been given the green light to turn mine into a keezer, however I'd rather have four kegs on the go than 2.

Cosmetics aren't an issue, as it is going to live in the garage, however just wondering if there is a theoretical limit for collar size?

Cheers,

JD

Latest posts

Back