Aldi Stirling 150L Keezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Aldi have freezers on sale today 229$ gets you a 3 star (currentlt in NSW if you were to run it without a temp controler it would cost you 69$/year to run) 150L freezer.

Now for the good news by my calculations im 99.99% sure it will fit 2 kegs, :D:D:) (and possibly a gas cylinder)
when i pick one up il confirm that + post a pic.
It should also fit a fermenter if you want to ferment in it.

qkev.jpg

Blurb:
Product Description

- 3 Star Energy Rating
- Manual temperature control
- Fast Freeze switch for rapid cooling
- Defrost drain system
- 4 recessed wheels for easy manoeuvrability
- 835(H) x 685(W) x 625(D)mm
- 150L Chest Freezer offers ample space for long term storage
- 36 month in home warranty
- For more info, go to stirlingappliances.com.au

Edit: details

I've got a 150L freezer with a collar and I've got 4 kegs/taps on it. Pretty much the same dimensions too!

Being the Aldi watcher here, that slipped under my radar: thanks for that, I don't need a keezer but I have a two door fridge freezer grinding away 24/7 in the garage and all I use it for is hops, yeasts and frozen curries etc.

Been on the lookout for a cheap chesty for ages. Bottles of yeast cake and Wyeasts can get a spot in the kitchen fridge.

Cheers.

edit: can chesties be transported on their side or back? Fridgemate travelled ok on its back.

Being the Aldi watcher here, that slipped under my radar: thanks for that, I don't need a keezer but I have a two door fridge freezer grinding away 24/7 in the garage and all I use it for is hops, yeasts and frozen curries etc.

Been on the lookout for a cheap chesty for ages. Bottles of yeast cake and Wyeasts can get a spot in the kitchen fridge.

Cheers.

edit: can chesties be transported on their side or back? Fridgemate travelled ok on its back.

When Aldi first came i was a naysayer but ive been converted recently :lol:

I believe you can as long as you let them rest upright for acouppe of hours after. I think older fidges were effected allot but not so much for the new ones.

Off topic but on Bribie Island when they started building the Aldi, there's a row of houses over the back and one guy started flying the biggest Australian Flag you've ever seen. When they put up the car park high fence he installed a new flagpole. A year later his wife was working there. No flag any more. :lol:

we were all waiting for a personal shopping gate to be installed into his place.

Bribie G said:
Off topic but on Bribie Island when they started building the Aldi, there's a row of houses over the back and one guy started flying the biggest Australian Flag you've ever seen. When they put up the car park high fence he installed a new flagpole. A year later his wife was working there. No flag any more. :lol:

we were all waiting for a personal shopping gate to be installed into his place.
Haha - FAIL!

2 kegs and a Bunnings 30L fermenter, clingwrapped of course. Just the job for CC.

To fit 4 kegs with 2 sitting on the compressor hump you'd need a major collar, and I mean really major collar, would look too tall and weird.

aldi freezer.jpg

Bribie, did you get that one today? Reckon it would fit in the back of a VW golf?

Cheers,

JD.

Fitted in a Mazda2 with shopping room to spare - dimensions are on the site. :)

Bribie G said:
Outstanding, might have my keg set-up ready for christmas after all.

Right i just managed to fit the following combonations:
1) 3 pepsi ball lock kegs no collar required
2) 2 pepsi ball lock kegs and a co2 cylinder, collar required for my big tank
3) #2 combo Pluss 2 more kegs with a big collar (or 2 9L kegs)

Pics to come soon....
Gota appease SWMBO by cleaning up/cooking and hope she dosent notice :lol:;):)

I got mine today, haven't had time to unbox it ... but its getting the temperature controller add-on as soon as that arrives.

While you're at it, Aldi at Toronto still has a bunch of Paulaner Oktoberfest, and some of the Stiegel x5+glass packs - which make OK xmas presents.

Bribie G said:
Also fits in a Golf... Was planning to use it for kegs, but Mrs JD has it slated as an actual freezer <_<

How many were there at the other stores? i think there was only 2 on the floor at my aldi (i got the last one on the floor they may have had more out the back though).

Im in 2 minds on where to insert the STC-1000 Im thinking of replacing the thermostat So that when you open it the light still comes on or just putting it in like 'normal' so it turns the whole fridge on and off.
on the STC-1000 front they manual states that if you unplug the freezer and plug it in the compressor may not start for 3-5min, id think that could be a good delay time for the STC.
What variance dose everyone set their keezer at? IE: +- 2DegC...

I also might replace the light with LED's B)

There was only one on the floor out my way, but seemed that there were plenty out back.

Mine's working sweetly. It's so quiet I had to press my ear against the lid to hear if it was on. I love that 80w ... less than many old style light bulbs.

Full of meat, curry and hops now but I need to get a couple of extra baskets for easy handling as the thing is really deep. Local BiLo in the village here has a "no returns to warehouse" policy like a lot of the Coles group do and if they have to clear stuff they don't frig around, often have stuff like Osso Bucco pre packs for $2 a kilo to get shot of them, lambs fry vac packs for a dollar, get rid of them. Aldi had mounds of Turkish Bread Rolls 3pack for 89 cents: no problem, load the trolley up :lol:

Should have bought one of these suckers years ago.

I bought one of these from 2nds World a few years ago to convert to a kegerator. They're permanently on special for $250. With a collar it fits 4 kegs, but not the gas bottle.
It's so good I went and bought another one to use as a fermentation fridge. Fits 2 fermenter's in nicely, and it runs at a fraction of the time that my big old upright freezer did for cold crashing in summer.

Great deal on those freezers.

You might want to be careful drilling any holes in them though. R600a is the flammable type of refrigerant although I suppose that just adds to the level of excitement.

Any fridge mechanics out there with an opinion on these?

I can't seem to find any hint on the Aldi website. Is this one of those one weekend only type deals?

Latest posts

Back