Aldi Beer Fridge (nsw)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danbeer

Reaction score
Beer Chiller

One of those 5L keg chillers by the look of it. Not sure if $300 is cheapish for one of these....

Beer Chiller

One of those 5L keg chillers by the look of it. Not sure if $300 is cheapish for one of these....
I should tell ya.....

Thats absolutely CRAP !!!

those chillers are sold here in Germany for meanwhile around 60 to 80 Euro, its made in China even if there is written "Philips" on it. Everything made by crappy plastic, especially the tap is falling apart if youre going to touch it a little too strong.

Sorry mates, I only can say: "keep the fingers away" nothing compares to a fair keg and a professionel tap.

Cheers

I should tell ya.....

Thats absolutely CRAP !!!

those chillers are sold here in Germany for meanwhile around 60 to 80 Euro, its made in China even if there is written "Philips" on it. Everything made by crappy plastic, especially the tap is falling apart if youre going to touch it a little too strong.

Sorry mates, I only can say: "keep the fingers away" nothing compares to a fair keg and a professionel tap.

Cheers
\

Oddly, Doesn't surprise me. <_<

I saw a commercial keg fridge at 'the good guys' the other week - Was several hundred $$$ more than any layman could have built the equivalent for.

$*$*( commercial crap.!

I know some homebrewers around here they bought that device. One of them came over, wanted me to help him to exchange that crappy tap to an Celli tap.
We had lots of trouble to mount it on the plastic body.

Anyway, there is an air pump inbuilt, that pumps air into the beer can except youre using the very expensive special cans theyre selling for that chiller. They have a bag in the can. The beer is contained in the bag and the air pump pumps air between the bag and the can, so the beer gets clenched out.

Not reusable for homebrewers.

I thought must tell ya, before someone is wasting money on that.

Cheers

Back