Alc Ginger Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakeebsary

Reaction score
Hey guys

Ive got a GB on at the moment, is it fine 2 leave the gb in the fermenter after it has stopped fermenting? how long can i leave it for?? appreciate the help guys.

Hey guys

Ive got a GB on at the moment, is it fine 2 leave the gb in the fermenter after it has stopped fermenting? how long can i leave it for?? appreciate the help guys.

Hey Blake,

It should be fine to leave in the fermenter for a while, even up to a couple of weeks I think.
I remember seeing another thread on this recently, I think it was titled "How long do you leave your beer in the barrel for" if you want to have a look at that.

I've personally left a beer (don't see why it would be any different with GB) for about a week to settle and it was fine.

Another thing you can do if you don't want to leave it in the primary fermenter for too long, is to transfer to a secondary fermenter, called "racking to secondary". If you have a look around you should find plenty of info on that too.

I'm only new to here too, welcome nonetheless! :D And good luck with the GB!

It should be fine for 2-3 weeks in total but I probably wouldn't leave it any longer than that.

I left some beer in primary for about 2 months, it wasn't the greatest beer but it wasn't the worst either (I still got drunk on it)

Latest posts

Back