AHBs biggest tight arse

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was part of my daily ritual in PNG, going through the rag bags and dressing the locals up in whatever was in there. Seeing tribal men in ladies flanny pj's is pretty funny.

Florian said:
A storeman once brought in his old jocks and socks for us to use as rags :blink:
That's not being a tight arse, it's some sort of domination fetish.
... or a bit of "I peed in your coffee mug
hee20hee20hee.gif
" kind of thing.

I usually look in the jock box when the last rag in the car has to be thrown out. Healthy circulation :p

Jaded and Bitter said:
A storeman once brought in his old jocks and socks for us to use as rags :blink:
I drive my missus around the bend because I won't let her throw out my old jocks. Too me they're like old friends who've cradled & looked after me all their life, I just can't toss them aside in the dawn of their existence, so I wear them proudly until they usually vaporise into dust or disappear in the wash :(, obviously elastics also play a huge role in their lifespan cycle so this factors heavily in their original purchase procedure. I have a full draw or two of new or nearly new undies you understand, but the old favourites always win selection unless of course I'm doing something strenuous like mowing the lawn & I don't want to stress them with too much wear & tear such as sweating & excessive rubbing from air-born dust penetration. They're just so comfortable & no one ever sees them except the doctor which is at this point I have to submit to the missus's demand's & wear new ones or she'll shred all my old one's when I'm not around :angry2:. I won't mention my socks in case people get the wrong idea other than that the story runs along the same lines.

I had several jobs as a storeman when I was younger so maybe all this is an industry response to coping with low income earning's :lol:. My younger brother was a real little grot when he was a kid growing up in Brisbane. He always wore them rubber style gym boots with the round rubber circle over the ankle bone. They couldn't breathe & he was a carpet layer who sweated up a storm, you could almost tip the puddles of sweat out of them when he took them off puh!! The little bugger would take them off after work throw his socks next to them & then next day spend five minutes bending & stretching the stinky socks which had hardened into the shape they'd landed on the floor in, so he could wear them again that day!!!!!!

TheWiggman said:
I cannot compete with my inlaws.

- Will flick on the hot water switch 15 mins before a shower. Off when they're done.
- Turn off the microwave at the power switch to save money by not displaying the clock.
- Bought my wife a fan for Christmas when she was 12 - to keep her cool at night.
- Hotplates have died on their oven - used the grill element for heating saucepans.
- Store their clothes pegs inside so they don't get damaged by the weather.

This needs its own categoy:
- Wash CHUX washcloths in the washing machine to save money. The blue ones. They bought a pack 2 years ago, still on it.

Beat that, bitches.
Actually WRT daily living as opposed to brewing I:

Haven't used my crappy ceramic top stove for 18 months, I do all my cooking either in dedicated devices such as rice cooker or steamer, but mostly on one of these that kicks arse, especially with a wok:

campmaster stove.jpg

Have ducted reverse cycle air (in my renter) and after an appalling electricity bill last year I've now got one of these for the Winter that runs off a swap bottle and does a far cheaper and better job. $299 on special at Deals Direct if interested.

gas heater.jpg

I also switch everything off standby every night. I turn on the HWS for half a day twice a week and that does for three days of washing up / showers.

Even though I live in a villa unit I grow all my own chillies, chokos, okra, eggplant and kale in planters. I was growing other green stuff for a buddy but chickened out and gave the pots back to her. :ph34r:

Bribie G said:
Haven't used my crappy ceramic top stove for 18 months, I do all my cooking either in dedicated devices such as rice cooker or steamer, but mostly on one of these that kicks arse, especially with a wok:

attachicon.gif
campmaster stove.jpg
We do the same thing here, Bribie. I havnt used the stovetop in years.

I've lost track of the number of people who have spotted the campmaster stove, looked pityingly upon it then after bacon and eggs and tomatoes in five minutes, they go to Big W or Bunnings and grab one for themselves. :lol:

edit: I first came across camping stoves at curry classes I attended and thought "this is neat" so bought one for the sheer gas power of the thing when doing restaurant style curries. Never looked back.

jyo said:
Just realised I am still using one of my original fermenters from about 10 years ago.
I'm using one that my dad bought when I was about 7. I'm 29 now. It's in better condition than the 'copper tun' branded one I bought 2 years ago.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1397801371.454238.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1397801384.756005.jpg

After reading some of this I wonder why I use my own toilet paper and shower water when there is a perfectly good public toilet/shower just 200m away in the park ?
I some times see old undies down there too, is that being to frugal ?
@ bribie, in India they use the gas off of shite to cook food, mate look at the savings !
Nev

shaunous said:
Damn, u must be in a good area :)
You're right, I do have good soil. One secret of making a success of farming is choosing the right property, there are plenty of crap properties around so you have to be choosy and get some good soil and water. I do admit to a few bucks spent on fertiliser, but otherwise I let the trees do their own thing (no pruning necessary).

Growing your own food (and booze) is a great way to save money, like with homebrew the product is cheaper and better than what you buy in the shops.

Back