AHB Wiki: Micro Breweries by State - the AHB list

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok all you brewers out there. I have transformed my micro breweries list inot a Wikki topic and thrown it open for public update.

Help us all out and add/update the list if you notice stuff wrong or missing.

Thanks

Thirsty

So, is the list complete now? There aren't any more micro breeries in Australia?

Have a look at the Wikki topic and see if we have got them all.

TB

Also there is "Wicked Elf" produced by The Little Brewing Company in Port Macquarie NSW. Only just had the official opening on tuesday 22nd May. A Pilsner & pale ale are available at the moment but will expand in the future. Not a bad drop at all.

A bit of background info:
http://www.abc.net.au/rural/regions/conten...07/s1890449.htm

They have been in the local press a bit lately. If anyone wants a bit more info PM me

Hey guys, missed the dark isle microbrewery in Tassie,
they make some awesome dark lagers and also a oyster stout.Darkisle

Help!

I've attempted to edit the list of microbreweries to add a couple of entries and appear to have deleted the better part of the list. Is it possible to recover/restore this in some way...

sap.

Help!

I've attempted to edit the list of microbreweries to add a couple of entries and appear to have deleted the better part of the list. Is it possible to recover/restore this in some way...

sap.

I was wondering why the list was so short - I thought surely the members on here could come up with more than 5 breweries, all in victoria

Help!

sap.

I have gone a way towards fixing it... no links or contact details yet. Anyone who feels like helping to put them back??

Guys - you can get to the original - go to the article, then down the left there should be "View Revisions". You can then go back to the original before it was edited. If you report this thread to the moderators they should be able to make the last edit prior to 27th december active.

Still no good :(

Are you able to access the source to the last edit prior to Dec 27th? Copying/pasting that into the current one would mean that someone can clean it all up. I can view it, but not the source.

I restored to the last one before "Yesterday" in the history, which was NigeP62's. There are a whoooooole lot of sappas edits yesterday.

sappas Yesterday, 09:30 PM
sappas Yesterday, 09:26 PM
vicelore Yesterday, 05:27 PM
vicelore Yesterday, 05:26 PM
Thirsty Boy Yesterday, 04:41 PM
NigeP62 Nov 5 2008, 03:51 PM
Maple Aug 26 2008, 09:23 AM
Cucurucho May 25 2008, 11:24 AM
Cucurucho May 25 2008, 11:21 AM

mods to the rescue. Thanks

Edit: Actually..... I just looked and its still the "new" version. And to be honest, I think its a bit neater and nicer than the old one anyway. Maybe just leave it as is and we will end up better than we were before.

I'll update some urls / phone numbers today and then we will be most of the way there.

Cheers

TB

OK. I've merged the new list posted by ThirstyBoy with the latest version of the original list before my cock up. I've been through and filled in a Web site or phone number for each of the breweries listed. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

sap.

Well i just sat down to do a little updating of the list... and sappas has gone and done it all. Top work there sap.

The list is looking heaps better than it was before.

Thanks to you and thanks to the mods for helping recover the old version.

cheers

TB

Whats the minimum qualifications needed for a brewery to be added to this list?

Do they have to brew the beer themselves? (no contract brewing - eg Island Brew)?

Does the beer have to be all grain? (Lovely Valley Beverage Factory produces kit/extract beer that i wouldnt flush my toilet with)

Whats the minimum qualifications needed for a brewery to be added to this list?

Do they have to brew the beer themselves? (no contract brewing - eg Island Brew)?

Does the beer have to be all grain? (Lovely Valley Beverage Factory produces kit/extract beer that i wouldnt flush my toilet with)

I dunno... I suppose its self editing really. If an AHB member thinks its worth putting on the list, it probably is. Even Lovely Valley... they do make beer after all, even if it is bad. Consider Buckley's.......

Contract brews?? well, its a brewery list, not a beer brand list, so I reckon no, but its not up to me.

I dunno... I suppose its self editing really. If an AHB member thinks its worth putting on the list, it probably is. Even Lovely Valley... they do make beer after all, even if it is bad. Consider Buckley's.......

I will concede that on a technicality..... <_< Next time i am down that way i can buy a bottle and send it to you. Or you could just take a coopers kit, add some sugar, sprinkle the kit yeast in and ferment it at 30C. So yes, its beer, but would you want to drink it? :D

Contract brews?? well, its a brewery list, not a beer brand list, so I reckon no, but its not up to me.

Island Brew is made at regency tafe (AFAIK) so its a label/brand, not a microbrewery.

Latest posts

Back