Ahb Beer Glasses - The Finalists

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The finalists

• Cervoise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nonic

• Linz

• Weizen

• Conique

• Total voters
Nonic up here both sizes would be handy A pint can get warm pretty quick if the pace is slow... :)

Cheers

i'm with boots on this one as long as it holds well over a stubbie i'm happy with anything with the AHB LOGO on it..... ^_^

FNQ Bunyip said:
Nonic up here both sizes would be handy A pint can get warm pretty quick if the pace is slow... :)

Cheers
[post="83564"][/post]​

I'm with you.... Large beers go warm and flat too quickly for my liking. Some Large glasses for display, and the option of a smaller glass for an extended swill would be a nice way to go IMHO.

M

Doc said:
I wish we could vote for two, but that would involve many permatations that would be more than the 10 choice you get for a poll.
Conique or Nonic's for me.

Doc
[post="83437"][/post]​

If I read the earlier posts correctly, you have to order a minimum of 144 glasses to get the right price. If we went for 144 each of the top two finishers that equates to 24 dozen.
If most were able to take 6 of each type, we only need 24 punters and we're away :p

Or have I read it wrong ;)

Anyway for the record, anything that holds beer and is large suits me. :)

Cheers

you have to order a minimum of 144 glasses to get the right price

Should we start getting numbers, that way once the numbers of a particular glass hits 144 it can be ordered? So hopefully get the top 2 or 3 :beerbang:

In order of preference,

6 Cervoise 6 Conique

Cervoise - 320 ml
Linz - 390 ml
Conique - 285/570 ml
Nonic - 285/570 ml
Weizen - whopping 690 ml

Remember, you don't have to fill the glass to the top, but isn't it good to have capacity? :beer:

It's OK, I won't have a hissy fit if I don't get my way...but, Gee I'd like some Weizen glasses. Will need to move other stuff to make room tho', but it'll be that way for any new glasses.

Let's order now!

Giddy-up from Seth :p

Hi,
I'm happy with the majority and hope the poll finishes soon. I'll order 1 dozen if only one type is choosen or 6 of each if more than one type.
Thanks
AC :beer:

I have voted for the cervoise style glass, which is currently leading the poll. However I am happy with any style with the logo on it.

:beer:
Mothballs

edit spelling

A minimum for me is 455ml.

For bottle conditioned beers, you can only get 2 pours out of a longneck (750ml) before it turns into sediment soup.

Anything less than 455ml requires a third pour which wastes what's left.

Go the Weizen :chug:

I am with the big glasses! I like the nonic (due to being clumsy) then weizen I will take 12 of each if possible.

Hi There,

Any ideas on prices yet?????

Cheers,
Jase

I'm stuck between weizen and cervoise.

Worst case scenario i'll grab 6 of each.

Don't like the cervoise. Just my 2 cents. Go the conique (currently in third...)

I've voted Nonic. I would take up to a dozen - half and half of nonic or coniques or weizens. If it's cervoise, I'll have none :\

Im for 6 of both nonic and the cervoise, maybe more if the minister allows

hmm well I would love a couple of all of em, not that far fetched an idea if 60 ppl did it :)

I already have an example of each of these, so I'm pretty easy. My vote was for weizen, as you can pour a whole bottle in one smooth operation, resulting in the clearest beer, and only wasting 60ml to sediment.

Otherwise I'm quite easy, as stated earlier, anything is good.

I'm guessing the minimum buy people would make is 6 glasses - right now we have 25 votes for cervoise (150 glasses), 14 for nonic (84 glasses), 12 for weizen (72 glasses), and 12 for conique (72 glasses). Thats not counting people who want 6, and people who want more than one sort.

I might be reading it wrong, but maybe we should just get an order happening, with these 4 types as the options? I think we'd make the minimum buy for each...

pity we can't run a database to post our orders in.

Maybe a bulk buy type thread and list with username, type and quanitity?

M

Unless different supplier are able to do smaller runs, as it stands the smallest run for a certain type of glass is 144 glasses. So it's still a little way off before I would feel comfortable in ordering them. Also i'm going to have to look into the delivery costs, as many of you aren't exactly in metro areas so I know that will come into play for some people.

I'm looking at a bulkbuy/online store mod for the forum that would make this whole expression of interest and then purchasing a while lot easier.

I'll post in this thread the final prices for the glasses that will be EXCLUDING delivery.

Latest posts

Back