Again Free Shipping Costs at BelgianSHop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must not click link... must not click link...

Looks like I'll be getting close to the $120, just pm me what you want and I'll get it in with my shipment.

Pay me whenever you can, mate.

Ta mate :icon_cheers:

As far as i know bringing alcohol through the postal system you will get charged. If Customs holds the goods (for the people who have gotten it through then it was luck) then you are up for GST plus the taxes on beer which are based on a percentage.

There is a concession when you bring alcohol as a passenger on a plane/ ship etc but through the post the charges apply.

Will be interesting to see who gets charged and who doesnt.

I put through an order. Will let everyone know how I go re: duty.

Cheers for the heads up (I think :p)

I really want this sale to end so I can stop being tempted. The glassware really has me tempted. Going to have another look out of lack of self control.

Tobacco and alcohol products

If the goods you imported are tobacco and/or alcohol products with a value of A$1,000 or less, you will be sent a tax invoice by Customs and Border Protection.

The information sent to you will provide payment advice, follow those directions carefully. Once payment is received from you, Customs and Border Protection will advise Australia Post to deliver your goods. If the goods have a value of more than A$1,000 then you must lodge an import declaration if you want the goods delivered to you.

(From http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5653.as...lcoholproducts)

I couldn't justify buying the Westvleteren beers off this website as I know that a crate only costs EUR51 from the gate and you get EUR12 back when you return the crate and empty bottles. I know it is cheaper than flying over there..... but there is nothing like sitting in the cafe sipping on a few 12's with a toasted cheese sandwhich and then jumping on your bike and riding off to Poperinge or on to Ypres for different beers. The 12's are also about EUR2.50 at the cafe.

I might look at getting some St Bernardus 12 as the beer is a very close relation to the Westvleteren 12..... And they are actually only about a 20 minute drive from each other. I've got a bottle of St Bernardus 12 from a bottle shop back here and various other Belgian beers and I have been quite disappointed as they have been slightly/totally oxidised. I might give this mob a go and see if the bottles arrive in good condition. They've also got Guiness special export, the 8% one!!

Thanks for the reccomendation, just ordered two dozen.

Wow, I really wish I hadn't seen that.
MUST. RESIST. URGE. TO. SPEND. MONEY!

Well in a couple of weeks it's Belgium Beer fest at my place. Just ordered:
  • Hercule9
  • Chouffe Houblon Dobbelen IPA Tripel
  • Mac Chouffe
  • Forestinne Gothika
  • Westvleteren 8
  • Westvleteren 12
  • Achel Blond
  • Achel Bruin 8
  • La Trappe White
  • Val Dieu Grand
  • Abbaye Moinette Blond
  • Abbaye Moinette Bruin
  • Affligem Blond
  • Rodenbach 5
  • Bourgogne des Flandres
  • Boon Oude Kriek

Yep, the Westvletern are expensive compared to the price at the abbey, but cheaper than a plane ticket to Belgium.

Cheers
MAH

Couldn't help myself. just ordered 24 beers and a couple of goblets. Now to try and justify it to the wife......

Couldn't help myself. just ordered 24 beers and a couple of goblets. Now to try and justify it to the wife......

I tend to "win" alot of beer at BABBs
:ph34r:

I jus got the 6pack assorted Westvleteren

I tried to put in an order, but over 1/2 the beers i wanted didn't get entered- came up saying that i had to select between 6 and 3000 of them or something, and i generally only wanted singles...

Just ordered 27 beers and a few extras for Winkle.

No problems justifying it to the wife as she appreciates a carton of good wine, too.

But for those that think they might get in trouble:
When paying via paypal it will appear as TECHNOBELSA on your statement, just tell the wife it's something you needed to fix something around the house, preferably in the kitchen or bedroom. TECHNOBELSA could be anything really. And then use Argon's method to explain the sudden influx of beer in the house.

Just ordered a few different packs. The free shipping plus using my 28 degrees mastercard (no currency conversion fees plus good currency conversion rates) meant that this was a bargain!

REF DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PB28047Z Pack Rochefort 4X33cl + 1 1 $40.00 $40.00
Glass

PB28012C Metal Chimay 2X75cl + 1 Glass 1 $40.00 $40.00

BB20924 Saison Dupont 6.5-3/4L 1 $16.00 $16.00

PB25014 Pack Westmalle 1 $38.00 $38.00
================================================================================
==========
Subtotal: $134.00
Total: $134.00

Looks like it cost $127 AUD

And the wife was saying this morning that she doesn't know if I am saving money by brewing... guess after she sees the next credit card statement she will be right!

Latest posts

Back