• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ag Gear Needed/ Wanted To Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkirky

Reaction score
Gday fellas,

Im after a range of gear to expand my AG set up from my current stovetop BIAB. Ive got the bug!

I am after;
- a burner (nasa/rambo or 4 ring etc), preferably with a stand,
- a mash tun (i dont have an eski but i have the gear for a manifold so even just a 40 odd litre eski will do me)
- a large kettle (35 plus litre... a converted keg is fine)...

I am happy to pay the fair price, not after a steal or anything- just short on time to source each item seperately. Hopefully someone can help.

Im in sydney but dont mind paying postage if needed!

Cheers in advance!

Gday fellas,

Im after a range of gear to expand my AG set up from my current stovetop BIAB. Ive got the bug!

I am after;
- a burner (nasa/rambo or 4 ring etc), preferably with a stand,
- a mash tun (i dont have an eski but i have the gear for a manifold so even just a 40 odd litre eski will do me)
- a large kettle (35 plus litre... a converted keg is fine)...

I am happy to pay the fair price, not after a steal or anything- just short on time to source each item seperately. Hopefully someone can help.

Im in sydney but dont mind paying postage if needed!

Cheers in advance!

First post wasnt as clear as I would like... I am happy to purchase each item seperately, but just dont have the time to make/research where to get all the items. So basically If you have any of the above that you would like to sell, I would really appreciate a reply!

Ill stop rambling now and get back to work!

I am happy to purchase each item seperately, but just dont have the time to make/research where to get all the items.
You're short on time, but you want to move from BIAB to 3 vessel all grain?

Logic inconsistency error in 3...2...1...

You're short on time, but you want to move from BIAB to 3 vessel all grain?

Logic inconsistency error in 3...2...1...

By the time i clean my voile and clean my kitchen for padentic SWMBO it takes me about the same time as a 3 vessel system would, which i could have set up outside in my shed.

Besides, I do my brewing on sundays when not much is open.

Why do i feel like im justifying my choice to move to a 3 vessel? Logic error 3.....2......1...... :) Perhaps I should take a day off (which will cost me coin), drive around half of sydney getting geared up (which will cost me more coins its all new plus the fuel my v8 will use...)...

Sorry my error, im just lazy.. no, maybe i just want to avoid spending unnecessary time which can be utilised more wisely.

You are funny by the way... kinda...3...2...1

can't help with gear but can suggest:
- call Gameco re a HP burner /reg (they are in Auburn on Parramatta Rd -mention you're a home brewer to get a discount) or get an italian spiral & reg from beer belly via mail order
- a mash tun is easy to make - especially if you say you have the bits already for a manifold. head down to Bigw / kmart / target / bunnings & pick up a 38l esky - or look up techniice ones on ebay for 1 to be delivered.

I reckon half the fun of this addiction is making your gear cause you'll appreciate your efforts each time you use it.

You are funny by the way... kinda...3...2...1
Dude, relax, I wasn't trolling, and wasn't intending to be funny. Your interpretation may differ.

Was trying to inform you, probably a little too sarcastically, of my experience that moving to 3 vessel brewing will most likely not save you time.

The BIAB process is centred around simplicity, low entry cost, and a shortened brew day. There are a bunch of threads on this forum, where more experienced brewers than I have explained this in great detail.

I currently brew 3V, but prior to that brewed BIAB as I gradually gathered my kit together. I prefer to brew 3V, the process oriented aspect suits my mindset, but I have seen my brewday extended by 3 mins to an hour. I don't personally mind, as I get to hang out in my garage with a fridge full of beer, listening to tunes I like. If this part appeals to you, go for it.

Just my opinion, take it with as many grains of salt as you like, but don't imagine you are going to magically shorten the time taken to brew by adding 2 extra pieces of equipment.

Cheers, and good brewing.

Latest posts

Back