AG brewer, moved to Mornington Peninsula

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

Edak

BrauShnizzleMyNizzle
Reaction score
I thought I would throw it out there that I moved to Mornington a few weeks back and an finally back to brewing. If anybody local wants to have a casual beer and share in some knowledge I'd be happy to join. I'm not into snobbery but I do love my gadgets and building stuff.

Some of you know me already but I don't think I know any local hb'ers down this way.

Anyway, hi, I'm here and I drink beer.

Cheers!

Edak

BrauShnizzleMyNizzle
Reaction score
First brew day in the new brewery, because its been so long since my last brew I thought I would do two brews in a day (first time I have tried this). What a nightmare if a day, first brew got to mashout and I hadn't prepared my sparge water so that added about 25 mins to heat up, tap water was not very cold so the first brew didn't chill fast, in a hurry to start the second brew I transferred to fermenter at 35deg not such a big issue because it will chill to pitch temp in the fridge.

Second brew is a good old DSGA and couldn't stop the wort fountains! Left for a bit and had wort all over my bench. Clean up, stop start and still couldn't prevent fountains. I am pretty sure HSA is BS so I am not too worried there.

Hit numbers on first brew and still watching second come to mash out now.

Truman42

Reaction score
Hey mate you should consider joining Bayside Brewers, now that your Bayside.

Edak

BrauShnizzleMyNizzle
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea! My second batch of the day came out with low numbers, all happy in the fridge now though.

Ditchnbeer

Reaction score
Hi Edak,

I sent you a PM. With the Bayside Brewers (I am a member), Mornington Brewery, Johns Bar, HIX @ Hickenbothams and the soon to open Merc's (owned by Paul Mercurio) you have moved to beer heaven and it can only get better from here.

Edak

BrauShnizzleMyNizzle
Reaction score
Thanks ditch, I do feel welcome and will consider joining the club. I am no stranger to MPB and I think Mercs has opened now so yeah feeling spoiled.

Grogfather

Reaction score
Hey mate
I'm just starting out in brewing and looking to pick up some knowledge, plus of course I am happy to help out where possible
If you're ever looking for a hand or a guy to chat to while brewing LMK

Latest posts