Afl Finals 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven19

Homer is God
Reaction score
After an interesting final round of football, it is now only 4 weeks till the Grand Final.

Based on efforts by some sides, you'd think its a really open AFL finals series now.

I would say any of the top 5 could easily win the flag if they get their mojo happening.

Shame my Blue Boys lost to the crows, who played bl00dy well for 27 goals...

My GF thoughts fwiw... maybe Saints vs Doggies, have the Cats dropped off with no Stevie J or Chapman? Can the Crows keep that scoring form going?

Bombers wont do much with injury and suspensions, Blues/Lions in Brisvegas will be a doosy.

One thing is for sure, there are going to be some belter games this finals series...

Lets hear your thoughts...

I think it'll be a Top 4 grand final. Adelaide have played very well against teams below them, but seem to be taken apart by the big teams, they'll drop out next week in the semi away from home. Collingwood were looking very dangerous until this past weekend, and if they did a number on the Bulldogs I would've pencilled them in for the GF.

Anywho, I'm going to throw it on the table:

Collingwood to defeat Geelong by less than 30 points in the big one.

Anyone other than the Pies... surely!

Cant wait going to be some great games in the coming weeks...

My bombers just scrapped in. Yea we've got loads of injuries and some suspensions coming up you'd think, but hey we've been upsetting big teams all year (and loosing to shit teams albeit) so maybe, just maybe we can take a few teams out, hopefully starting with the crows on friday night.

Saints aren't looking as bullet proof as they have for most of the season, their win against Melbourne was pretty average.

Colliwobbles anyone? Or just a mistimed hiccup? I think they have too much all over the ground strengths not to make the GF and it pains me to say so (unless of course they lose and i get to see them crying which will bring a tear of joy to my face).

Geelong is looking human at exactly the wrong time. Injuries to key players hurt come september.

Of the sides 5-8 the crows are looking the goods and will brush aside the bombers this week but as Adam said, the real test will be next weekend in Melbourne against a top 4 side. Current form suggests it will be a lot closer than the odds will suggest and we could be the real smoky of the finals campaign but if i was tipping with my brain, not the heart i would expect us to fall short. We dont seem to handle the same defensive pressure we apply to others when its applied to us.

I'm just happy that our young crows will get a taste of finals footy ready for us to make a charge into the top 4 next season.

Carlton and Essendon are making up the numbers, the lions are threatening but aren't likely to get past a top 4 side.

Too hard to pick the teams for the granny yet but only the bullies look on song for week 1 of the holy month.

Saints aren't looking as bullet proof as they have for most of the season, their win against Melbourne was pretty average.
That's putting it mildly. Went to see the saints game yesterday, they were shocking until the 3rd Q.

Love to see Saints v doggies in the big one, but happy with anyone other that Coll...can't even speak the name..

That's putting it mildly. Went to see the saints game yesterday, they were shocking until the 3rd Q.

Love to see Saints v doggies in the big one, but happy with anyone other that Coll...can't even speak the name..

My Saintas have just been foxing .. wait till we give it to the Maggies this week and everyone will be back on the band wagon !

Doggies looked good last night and I reckon they are looking as my smoky to upset the mighty Saints. Guess this week against the Cats will show us, eh !

Adelaide .. next year.

hey hey

yeah I rekon your right about a top four finals except not sure if the dogs will make it, I rekon Carlton could possibly sneak in but doubt it. Id say it will be a Saints - Collingwood or Saints - Geelong grand final. Never know maybe Geelong look like they have lost their mojo but all that matters is that last saturday in september, which was proved last year, that anything can happen, GO HAWKS!

Dicko

Ohhhh, Maple, your hurtin my feelings now :lol:

Ohhhh, Maple, your hurtin my feelings now :lol:
awe... sorry FJ, I apologise. but the only pies I like seeing are when Pakistan comes to play cricket at the MCG, and bowl first.

I am hoping a heap of Lions players pull out at the last minute due to injury... hoping the Blue Boys can win this week, to increase their finals exposure for the seasons to come.

Its on tonight.

Adelaide are on stupidly short odds ($1.09) to win and on paper you'd chalk this one up as a training drill for the crows.

But, we lost last year in the elimination final to a less than full strength Collingwood......

The other 3 games are a coin toss IMO, evenly matched.

My tips.
Adelaide by a cricket score
Geelong by less than a kick
Brisbane by 3 goals
Saints by 3 goals

My tips:

Adelaide by 40 points, with Porplyzia kicking 1.6
Geelong by 20 points, with Ablett being spoon fed 50 unnecessary disposals.
Carlton by 20 points, with m-m-m-myyyyyyyyyyyy Fevola! kicking a bag.
Collingwood by 20 points, with Dane Swan kicking someone while they are down.

rolf! :lol:

RolfHarris_1.jpg

The brick shizenhauzen will do the job!

C'mon you stinking bombers! $7 too, might just have to slip a tenna on.

cant wait for tonight.

C'mon you stinking bombers! $7 too, might just have to slip a tenna on.

cant wait for tonight.

12 goals to 5 at half time crows way. cricket score looms. hope that tenner is still in your pocket fents :lol:

speaking of cricket, the 1-dayers start tonight. binger is itching to knock out a pom or 2.........

I'm a pies supporter, so hopefully Collingwood for the premiers. However if Saints win thats OK, seeing as though they've only had the one (1966 over pies) and that was by only 1 point, so you gotta have a soft spot for them.

That was a pasting last night.

I wonder how much it has shattered the young bomber side?

Makes me feel a little better about Carlton getting 27 goalss kicked against us when the crows do similar damage to the bombers...

yep absolute smashing. next year now. and yea tenna still in my pocket, was too pissed to put a bet on.

Latest posts

Back