Advice Please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racer

Reaction score
brand new to home brew. set up 2 kit brews , one 6 days ago and one 4 days ago. Both have been kept at roughly 20 degrees through out. i keep hearing about the joys of thr bubbling sound and early on both seemed to be bubbling nicely. Right now the bubbling has slowed to about once a minute but the brew dosent seemed to have quite reached final gravity.
Q1 how often should it be bubbling at this stage
Q2 am i at th stage where i should be looking for stability of gravity
Q3 is something wrong

Q1 Forget the bubbling
Q2 Yes spot on, watch these and only these
Q3 No Chill an have a beer. Bottle once SG is stable

Cheers BDB

Relax mate, bubbling is not brewing!! sure a sign of it but not what you need want to rely on..

Take SG readings and that is what is happening...

What was your OG reading? and where are you up to know? What are you brewing and what yeast are you using?

Bubbling airlocks are a good sign of what is happening but by no means your guide!!

Anyway, all will be fine!!

Happy brewing and welcome aboard.

Cocko

:icon_cheers:

brand new to home brew. set up 2 kit brews , one 6 days ago and one 4 days ago. Both have been kept at roughly 20 degrees through out. i keep hearing about the joys of thr bubbling sound and early on both seemed to be bubbling nicely. Right now the bubbling has slowed to about once a minute but the brew dosent seemed to have quite reached final gravity.
Q1 how often should it be bubbling at this stage
Q2 am i at th stage where i should be looking for stability of gravity
Q3 is something wrong

Gday Racer

Q1 - I wouldn'nt worry too much about bubbling speed just wait till you have a constant gravity reading over 3 days you should be fine, depending on yeast i've had some ferment out within a week.

Q2 - I'm guessing that ur using the yeast that came with the can which would probly be ale yeast so it won't hurt to leave it ferment for a week or more no stress mate

Q3 - nothings wrong unless it tastes wrong, just wait maybe a coupla days and take some gravity readings and taste them also it should just taste like flat beer.

Hope this helps and welcome to homebrewing mate no turning back now. :icon_chickcheers:

Cheers cocko you beat me to it, you all beat me to it me to slow typing

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...o&showcat=2

Click on the link and start reading.

it great to hear bubbles and watch them ferment but it can be very mis leading.
Take gravity reading after 7 day. if it read the same next day she is close to ready.

yeah thanks. What i just read was what id been telling myself but i needed some one that had been there and done that to confirm. Like with most things....patience is my friend.

fair dinkum, its 12.30 and youre all over me. Thanks but get some sleep. Just kidding.
Okay, here it is. Somehow i got onto this forum and started reading. It got me all gung ho and i was going alll grain and going to brew the best fluids sice mum had a tit in my mouth. I went to my local home brew (whats brewing ramsgate) and he got me to check myself and slow down. given my current panic ithank him for that. 6 days ago i started a blackrock india pale ale with the kit yeast and brew booster, a couple of days later i started a coopers sparklig ale with a can of light malt extract andusing muntons gold yeast. the first 48 hrs of each ran at about 22 degrees and since then i have maintained about 20 degrees. I am getting to the point where i want to hit the next step but i dont want to go to early and i dont want to wait to long.
Ps dont know if it matters too much but i will be kegging

We're all over you like a fat kid on a cup cake :lol: Sounds like you've been hooked mate you'll be into all grain before you know it, wish i had a forum like this when i started homebrew (so many terrible beers :icon_drunk: ) All grain is definately the go but don't worry get the basics right first plenty of time and good luck :icon_cheers:

And hook yourself up with the 'Inner Sydney Brewers(ISB)' too

It'll be the best, or worst, thing you'll do for yourself(as in: lots of good learning/increase the rush to AG)

fair dinkum, its 12.30 and youre all over me. Thanks but get some sleep. Just kidding.
Okay, here it is. Somehow i got onto this forum and started reading. It got me all gung ho and i was going alll grain and going to brew the best fluids sice mum had a tit in my mouth. I went to my local home brew (whats brewing ramsgate) and he got me to check myself and slow down. given my current panic ithank him for that. 6 days ago i started a blackrock india pale ale with the kit yeast and brew booster, a couple of days later i started a coopers sparklig ale with a can of light malt extract andusing muntons gold yeast. the first 48 hrs of each ran at about 22 degrees and since then i have maintained about 20 degrees. I am getting to the point where i want to hit the next step but i dont want to go to early and i dont want to wait to long.

Great to see another on getting the bug.

Let see, I got started with 1 fermenter and kit 2006
Now I got 2 fridges, one for fermenting another for kegging. 3 fermenters at least, 2 cubes, urns and 3 eskies too many empty bottles and too little time.

Stuck at work and cannot wait to get brewing again...
This game is worse then Golf AAAAAARRRGHHHH

Great to see another on getting the bug.

Let see, I got started with 1 fermenter and kit 2006
Now I got 2 fridges, one for fermenting another for kegging. 3 fermenters at least, 2 cubes, urns and 3 eskies too many empty bottles and too little time.

Stuck at work and cannot wait to get brewing again...
This game is worse then Golf AAAAAARRRGHHHH

Tell ME about it!! - the bug!

Your parents always warn you off things but seriously did I miss a meeting or the memo about how addictive this shizen is JEEEESUS!!

Just ask SWMBO! or maybe not - talk about brewing is now banned in our house!!

:D

You said you will be kegging, cool. As a rule if you are making 23L put axtra sugar into your brew to boost your alchol levels ups. Peolpe who bottle dont because they have priming sugar when going from fermenter to bottles which carbonates their beer.

Latest posts

Back