Adventurous Randall Stuffings.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The randall sure looks impressive! Anyone know who builds these at all?

Aldi $19.
wpid-DSC_0265.jpg

i like, its not even shiney but i want

i like, its not even shiney but i want

Me too!
Even a tool-tard like myself should be able to construct some sort of stand for it.
It'd look good on the bar next to a beer engine.

The randall sure looks impressive! Anyone know who builds these at all?

Richard at the Wig and Pen is the man to see I believe but it will put you out $1500, quite a few out there now
Wig and Pen
Mountain Goat
Brewboys
Holgate
Sail and Anchor
Wheatsheaf
Local Taphouse
Mornington
are the ones I know of currently running one.
If anyone drinks at any of these places I'd love to hear what adventurous things they have tried.

The one revox posted is the one I was talking about when I mentioned mni randalls before, this is what the inner melbourne brewers used at ANHC last year.
I am thinking you can get beer line to fit very tightly through an airlock grommet and thinking this would make it simple making one rather then the bulkhead design in that one.
I actually thought the ones at ANHC did use grommets for the beer lines, either way is what I am currently looking at for some shits and giggles.

I was thinking before an easy tester for something you are not sure how would work would simply be add it to the beer glass, but this is getting real namby pamby, I mean running it through some cool device is rather beer geeky but cool, adding watermelon and some such to your glass is is getting a little down right ooh eeer hows your father.

I mentioned lychees to Brewboys Simon as I thought it may work, he thought it would look disgusting like eyes, I kinda like that.
I have never really eaten one, I got a tin of them once and couldn't eat them really was not too nice. But many people say there is flavours in many APAs' that reasonble the flavour. I think I know the flavour they speak of but that flavour in the tin I brought was uneadable to me at the time.
Last time I was at paddys many years ago they had a shit load of the tin ones ready to go into a wheat beer, another thing that suggested to me it would not be a major fail if we tried it.

Rhubbard may be another one.

Jayse, you mentioned beer & curry pairing on Saturday night. How about an IPA going through a curry?

Jayse, you mentioned beer & curry pairing on Saturday night. How about an IPA going through a curry?
I've used curry leaves in a ginger beer to (mostly) good effect in the past - randalising might work better though.

Im keen on one of them $19 jobs from Aldi! But also no Aldi here in SA. :(

I had a berlinerweisse at the taphouse served through sour cherries, was f'n tops, pick of the bunch for me. At the wig n pen I also tried one of their seasonals (venom IPA?) through the randall filled with galaxy flowers and coffee beans... wasn't really into the coffee thing in beer, I think it could be done successfully, but not like that.

I have had a stout pushed through coffee and vanilla at the taphouse a few months back.

To my palate, it was a great success

Cheers guys, IPA and galaxy of course works well but the coffee beans? Last time I was there Richard had smoked hops, being whole hops of course I made the joke we were smoke n' cones! he has always been fairly adventurous.
Berlinerweise and sour cherries almost sounds perfect and the adding some vanilla in with coffee beans sounds good too.

I reckon any spice that isn't a powder would go great in beer.

Cinnamon Quill
Vanilla Bean
Cocoa Nibs
Cloves
Star Anise

Were I to choose what goes in the randall at brewboys come Anzac day I would be running the king brown through vanilla beans, toasted oats and toasted coconut to give an Anzac biscuit feel to the brown ale...

Cheers
Phil

I do like the idea of the nibs for the stout, the anzac idea isn't blowing my skirt up at the moment but worth a thought.

+1 for the Aldi Filter. (Gardenline Water Pump Filter 35020)
I recall Jane Lewis from MGoat speaking on the BN about a Randall filled with cucumber (ew) for one of their summer beers?
Crowd loved it apparently.
I use it to cold steep cracked coffee beans for my Foreign Extra Stout and then hookup at serving time.
Good fun.
Harry.

The Randalls are very well made (cause I made them) :beerbang: , its great to see that craft brewers are always trying new things. The current design has been the same for some time now and one that looks impressive sitting on a bar.

Currently we have sent one in NZ and one heading over to USA shortly as well as a increasing number here. The work that gos into these things is incredible, but those that had tried beers served through them know what interesting flavours that can be achieved with them.

The Randalls are very well made (cause I made them) :beerbang: , its great to see that craft brewers are always trying new things. The current design has been the same for some time now and one that looks impressive sitting on a bar.

Currently we have sent one in NZ and one heading over to USA shortly as well as a increasing number here. The work that gos into these things is incredible, but those that had tried beers served through them know what interesting flavours that can be achieved with them.

Hey, I didn't realise that you'd made it - top work :icon_cheers: .

Hey Stagger great work, there is a piece of you on the bar at many bars and breweries around the country, fantastic piece of kit.
looks like building these is becoming a full time job, I still want to put a smoked pork hock in there no matter how wrong it might sound.

Back