Adelaide Stopover

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevem01

Reaction score
I will be in Adelaide for the weekend, in transit Perth to Tasmania by rail (well the last bit will be by ferry).
Staying at the Ambassadors on King William St

Be great to catch up with some SA brewers for a Fri sundowner :icon_cheers: (or lunch), (or Saturday)

Also, any suggestions for a live music venue in the CBD, not a huge thrash metal barn,
Something Blues and\or Roots, Reggae, World music etc

Cheers

I can recommend Steve's company, very interested brewer etc...

I will be in Adelaide for the weekend, in transit Perth to Tasmania by rail (well the last bit will be by ferry).

Be great to catch up with some SA brewers for a Fri sundowner :icon_cheers: (or lunch), (or Saturday)

Also, any suggestions for a live music venue in the CBD, not a huge thrash metal barn,

Cheers
Hi Steve,
The Ambassadors is at 107 King William St, just north at #89 is the Bull and Bear, they have been known to have Jazz, blues and World Music on Friday nights.
They also serve some of the local micro's product.
A tram ride and a short walk can get you to The Wheaty, THE craft brew venue of Adelaide. There is also live music on Friday nights. (website down at the moment so can't see what's on this week.)
A few of the Adelaide crew are getting together on Saturday to judge the Stamtisch Irish Red Challenge if you're interested.
I'll put the word out and see if we can't get a few of the boys interested in Friday night drinks.
Cheers
Nige

Cheers

You will be 2 days late for the huge thrash metal barn........ :super: :super: :super:

The Wheaty is packed on a Friday night (sort of unofficial lesbian night), crowd is still pretty mixed though (lots of guys and straight girls too), the crowd's usually easy going and friendly. Good-luck getting a game of pool though. =)

Thanks for the replies

The Wheaty looks great for later in the night, Americana, bluegrass, rockabilly, guitars and blues harp, AND craft brew

I will be sans internet for a couple of days while we cross the desert, back on on Friday morning

You will be 2 days late for the huge thrash metal barn........ :super: :super: :super:

There will be some metal at the forresters & squatters arms on sunday night, just a short 1 min walk from the Wheaty :)

Arrived this morning, haven't had a look around yet. I have to use an internet cafe to check the forums so I will give an alt. contact - 0407204161

I'll probably end up at the Wheaty around 9 or 10, but i'm still up for starters in the CBD

Arrived this morning, haven't had a look around yet. I have to use an internet cafe to check the forums so I will give an alt. contact - 0407204161

I'll probably end up at the Wheaty around 9 or 10, but i'm still up for starters in the CBD

PM Hatchy for his address and come along to the judging of the stammtish irish red challenge tomorrow at 11am. Hatchy will be brewing, the rest of us will be telling him what he is doing wrong :p

If you are keen i am sure someone can swing by your hotel and pick you up, I'll be driving through the city on my way there ~1030ish

You may not see much of the brewday, I'm hoping to mash in around 8. There's always a chance of a 2nd batch though. You can probably be a judge if you want, I may have had a few by the time judging starts.

thanks to the adelaide brewers for organizing me on Saturday, good to put faces to names, great beers to taste, and my fist look at live judging,

cheers

Sorry I could not stick around Steve, was great to meet you though. Always good to have travelling brewers drop past sleepy Adelaide.

thanks to the adelaide brewers for organizing me on Saturday, good to put faces to names, great beers to taste, and my fist look at live judging,

cheers

You should note that is not how a normal judging flight happens, what we did is ussually called a best of show round, line em all up and pick which one is best.

cheers

Glad I could show you how not to brew. I'll put a photo on here later of me at the end of my brewday.

Glad I could show you how not to brew. I'll put a photo on here later of me at the end of my brewday.
That should be interesting, having witnessed the sparge, the boilover and the flameless gas burner I will wait for the end result :D
Nige

Back