Adelaide Stopover

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That should be interesting, having witnessed the sparge, the boilover and the flameless gas burner I will wait for the end result :D
Nige

Ask & ye shall receive. This is me after my epic drinking session on Friday & a brewday that probably should've been left for another day. Rumour has it that I filled the 1st cube then fell asleep on a chair. Mrs Hatchy came outside to see if I was passed out on a chair & was stoked to find me passed out on a chair. She woke me up to remind me that I was running my wort into cubes. Apparently I told her to wake me up when the cube was full. She came out & woke me up when the 2nd cube was full. She reckons I opened the cube that was already full & stuck my fingers in there. She asked me what I was doing & told me to reseal it & seal the 2nd one. She turned around to grab something & then turned back & saw this:

brewing.jpg

I love the way that she squirted the 2nd cube with starsan & sealed it prior to taking the photo.

Hatchy, there is probably only one thing you should get from all of this on the weekend.... Mrs Hatchy is a keeper!!

Thats a scream :lol:
Thanks for the laugh. What a good sport she is :lol:

Thats a scream :lol:
Thanks for the laugh. What a good sport she is :lol:

I blame Kieren's doppelbock. The other blokes saw what sort of condition I was in Saturday arvo so I'm sure there not at all surprised how the day turned out for me.

Hatchy should have put some whites on and subfielded for my lads on Saturday arvo!

Top work by the Mrs for sure.

Hatchy should have put some whites on and subfielded for my lads on Saturday arvo!

Top work by the Mrs for sure.
I saw Hatchy sparging at 1.30ish, he was well on the way.
Best bet would be to get Mrs Hatchy into the whites and sub-fielding for you :D
Nige

I saw Hatchy sparging at 1.30ish, he was well on the way.
Best bet would be to get Mrs Hatchy into the whites and sub-fielding for you :D
Nige

I sparged? I don't remember that. From my (quite vague) recollection I was right on OG. Maybe I should drink all night before brewday & mash for 4 hours more often.

I'm just stoked that I emptied my tun on Saturday. Dealing with a filthy kettle today was punishment enough. A tun still full of wet grain would've made me spew.

In unrelated news, I'm polishing off the keg of doppelbock at the moment & will go keg a batch shortly.

I sparged? I don't remember that. From my (quite vague) recollection I was right on OG. Maybe I should drink all night before brewday & mash for 4 hours more often.

I'm just stoked that I emptied my tun on Saturday. Dealing with a filthy kettle today was punishment enough. A tun still full of wet grain would've made me spew.

In unrelated news, I'm polishing off the keg of doppelbock at the moment & will go keg a batch shortly.

Back on it again!! I am indeed impressed mate... I'm gonna need practice for the upcoming swap. Awesome work, loved the fact you got the Miss to finish all your cubing etc. Brilliant! :lol:

Tyler

Well I had a day off it yesterday due to being designated driver & really need to empty the doppelbock keg to free up some room in the fridge. Neither of these were my decisions, they're just some of the challenges that life throws out.

Apparently Mrs Hatchy is a much better brew assistant than I was when she brewed her porter.

Completely OT but you guys should've seen Kieren's band yesterday. They were awesome & Mrs Hatchy was in a worse condition yesterday than I was on Saturday.

My local haunt when i stay in Adelaide is "the Bombay Bycicle club"

sometimjes they have music, but more important is they have a wonderfull selection of beer.

join the BBC100 club, 100 different beer, I got to Tetleys englich ale in a can, wow!
Then got stuck at Muntons "old speckled hen"

deffinatly worth a go, ask for Dougie, hes the beer expert onsite.

Back