about that project ......

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malt junkie

Reaction score
As most avid home brewers find there are so many things that are just not an off the shelf item or said equipment is hellishly expensive. So down the path of DIY we go. For some of us it becomes almost half the hobby, with upgrades continually taking place. It's when you get 3 or more projects on the go it really becomes interesting and things start falling behind or put on the back burner.

So if like me you have a few brew DIYs that are in the works post em here.

1477706990346.jpg
Future baby 1v
1477707070035.jpg
Still needs the top made up but it does work
1477707153072.jpg
Need to put a controller in before the conical arrives
1477707240314.jpg
Needs a bit of a refurb, it's going to be for conditioning.
1477707352046.jpg
Last but not least my latest keezer project.

I take it you're employed on a part time or casual basis then? :)
I've got enough on the go with all the other maintenance and projects around the house before I get into refridge projects, and I'm on hoildays!
Nice collection though.

Great thread idea MJ! I'll share along the road as well.

You've certainly got some kit there

What is that malt pipe made from?

I have a bunch of semi finished projects down in man land: Refurbished turntables, MAME arcade machine, 3 x 1v systems, beer engine, rpi fermentation controller/logger for three fridges... I don't see it as a problem (Mrs is happy to leave that domain to me) I get a bit done on whatever project I'm inspired by at the time.

I do have a problem saying no to bargains though, I wouldn't say hoarder levels but there is definitely some things I've put in a box and couldn't remember why I got them- just they were a good price and I had an idea at the time to use them for something.

The malt pipe is a BM original, picked it up last month. My working 1v is a little big for standard single batches, and I have Laels controller sitting around spare, so......

Latest posts

Back