AABC 2016 Guidelines?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew Matt

Reaction score
Will there be updated AABC style guidelines this year, considering that BJCP style guidelines were released last year?

The idea of having a common set of style guidelines sounds like a good idea, but perhaps there would have to be some leeway on both sides.

Comp season approacheth, not just the State competitions but the several club "feeder" competitions that are used as try-outs for brews to be entered in the State Championships then hopefully get to the Nationals.

edit: not suggesting that "try-outs" is all they are good for, they are valuable local comps in their own right of course that contribute to growth and membership in the craft, so a consistent BJCP set is the kingpin.

Is it me or are the style guidelines gone from the aabc website?

It is not you. Last time I had a look they were not there. At least not in public view. There is a link that goes to stored documents on their site, but I don't have it handy.

The guidelines seem to disappear on a semi regular basis. Last year they were uploaded here http://www.graftonbrewingcompetition.com/ so that those entering the comp could get access to the guidelines while the official site was down.

The AABC style guidelines are being reviewed by the national committee as we speak. Hopefully we'll have agreed on revised g'lines before too long...

Was tidying up the Oval Office today and came across the bound copy of last year's guidelines from the Grafton comp. Looking forward to seeing the new ones.

Latest posts

Back