Aaba 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stagger

Reaction score
AABC 2009 Program

The Canberra Brewers has put together a great two days of judging, tours and good fellowship for the 2009 AABC. Here's what we have planned so far - more details to follow as the competition grows nearer.

Please find web page http://www.canberrabrewers.org/nationals/index.php

Friday 23 October

Welcome to judges
AABC Judging
Lunch
Bus tours of The Wig & Pen brewpub www.wigandpen.com.au and Zierholz Brewery www.zierholz.com.au/ZierholzPremiumBrewery/Home.html

Saturday 24 October

AABC Judging
Lunch
Guest presentation
Club night and presentations including informal dinner (finger food)

We see club night as a great time for fellow brewers to get together and sample beer from all over Australia. After the success of the club night in Melbourne last year it is one not to let pass. We have negotiated excellent accommodation packages at Olims Hotel (more on that later).

Guided tours on Friday afternoon of Canberra two breweries, Master brewers Richard Watkins from the Wig and Pen and Christoph Zierholz from Brewery Zierholz will take us through a range of there beers.

Craig Webber

Staggers is this open to all willing to attend?

Chappo

Even blokes like you will be welcome.

Chappo .. Club Night will be a beauty. Get the BABBs fired up and get a mob of you there !

Even blokes like you will be welcome.

Chappo .. Club Night will be a beauty. Get the BABBs fired up and get a mob of you there !

Don't worry FatzG I will be. I very keen to get down there for this one.

Staggers any time frame on when the accomodation will be announced? Would like to get this sorted out reasonably early. Also I don't think we're allowed to take kegs or bottles on domestic flights anymore. Any chance of sending a mixed case down to ya FatzG for the safe keeping?

Cheers

Chappo

Also I don't think we're allowed to take kegs or bottles on domestic flights anymore. Any chance of sending a mixed case down to ya FatzG for the safe keeping?

Cheers

Chappo

No problems. Last year the westralians got kegs to Melbourne, don't know how. Though one soured so they renamed it a lambic and had everyone fooled but me ! Guess we need someone who did it to tell us how.

Is it cool to post questions here or do you want us to register with the canberra brewers and post on that forum?

I guess a few people might look at getting the first flights friday morning and if there is a bunch of people flying into canberra from all directions at about 9am might be worth organizing group transport to the gig. I gather friday your looking at around 10am start?

Hi there,

Great looking event. Are you accepting interstate entries via courier etc.?

Hi there,

Great looking event. Are you accepting interstate entries via courier etc.?

The organizers of the state qualifying rounds generally will find the best courier for the job, some even take care of it for you.

Happy to answer questions here,

The Canberra brewers has arranged accommodation for the event, Olims is one of our sponsors and have given us a great rate more on this within the week.

We are in the process of working through the judging side of things, once we are happy with that we will be in a position to announce more actives.

Have a look at the web page, this will be updated regularly.

Craig

Don't worry FatzG I will be. I very keen to get down there for this one.

Staggers any time frame on when the accomodation will be announced? Would like to get this sorted out reasonably early. Also I don't think we're allowed to take kegs or bottles on domestic flights anymore. Any chance of sending a mixed case down to ya FatzG for the safe keeping?

Cheers

Chappo

Chappo - I'll be supplying free kegs to send beer down in & will be organising the shipment down. Hopefully we'll get a good turn out from BABB's

Cheers Ross

Chappo - I'll be supplying free kegs to send beer down in & will be organising the shipment down. Hopefully we'll get a good turn out from BABB's

Cheers Ross

You're a good man Ross for this gesture and I urge all BABBs men to put the date in the diary and if you can come, do so. Sadly, not everyone can come, but if you can.. well it'll be worth the effort. Especially if you have a beer entered in the National finals. Brew as good as you can, enter the Queensland States at the end of September and qualify.

Then get off your arses and come south, despite NSW winning the 2009 SOS series and enjoy the experience !

I'll shout every BABBs man who makes it to Canbeera in October a beer !

Cheers Ross

I'm a definite mate. I'm sure you'll be heading down? I will take you up on the keg offer for sure.

Chappo

Just got off the phone with the missus who is currently in Cairns for business, and is going to sample some Blue Sky beer on my behalf.

Anyway, it looks as though we (and by that I mean me, she'll be doing other things around Canberra) will be attending. I will be bringing a keg.

Then get off your arses and come south, despite NSW winning the 2009 SOS series and enjoy the experience !
Not looking good yet F.G.. :lol: I think ill be 1 up after tonight....

Would love to come to this event.... Have to look in the little Fuction Bookings book... :unsure:

:icon_cheers: CB

I'll shout every BABBs man who makes it to Canbeera in October a beer !

FatzG I would enjoy having a few frothies with ya regardless anyway mate! :icon_chickcheers:

Rooms sleep 3 people, all judging and club night will be at the same location, have a look at the link below.

Staggers if I was to book a room earlier would that up set the apple cart mate?

Cheers

Chappo

I have booked more rooms booked than we will ever need, if you are concerned about missing out dont be. I should have this all worked out within a week so watch this space, I am putting a package together, 2 nights accommodation (Friday and Saturday) plus brewery tours and dinner at club night.

If you would like different type of accommodation I also have discounted prices but the deluxe rooms are better value for money. Just PM me.

Craig

We are in the process of securing heavily discounted accommodation at Olims hotel, once we have all the costs we will be asking for expressions of interest.
Oh :huh: .
I thought we were staying at "The Stagger Inn". :lol:

Latest posts

Back