Aaba 2004 Entries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was the oatmeal stout that came 3rd in NSW. Wasn't expecting a result at the Australian, so I'm not too concerned. Only entered NSW in the first place for some feedback.

Just have to get a few more beers up next year.

Congrats goto Ray Mills

Tied with Christophe for Champion Brewer...

ACT brews blitz championships

The ACT has blitzed the field in the Australian Amateur Brewing
Championships.

Beating stiff competition from around the country, local brewers took
out the top five places for the best beers.

Canberra brewer Christophe Zierholz tied with Ray Mills from New
South Wales for the Champion Brewer title.

here is the linkfor the results...
http://www.canberrabrewers.org/images/stor...04/category.doc

GMK

Nice results, the only problem is that they are for the ACT brewing comp. Wanna try again?

Pedro

does anyone have the list of results? just trying to find out how good/bad i went. thats if it made it without breaking

Pedro said:
GMK

Nice results, the only problem is that they are for the ACT brewing comp. Wanna try again?

Pedro
Yeah Pedro - realised taht after i posted that they were only for the Canberra Brewers.

The part about Ray was in an e-mail i received.
Have not found the link yet to all the results....yet

Congratulations Ray. Well done.

As for the results the AABA site still doesn't have the details for the awards dinner last night, so I guess they will post the results after they updated that page <_<

Doc

Wow, what a fun Saturday that was! :D

Stewarding is much better than judging, IMHO! The judges sit down and quietly go through a single flight of beers - the stewards serve up ALL the beers for all the flights and styles and collect the judging sheets after each beer. We check the sheets to make sure the judges have added up correctly (they did!) and are within 7 points of each other's score otherwise we return the sheets to resolve the contention, or call in the chief judge and steward to have a taste and make a call. That is very rare at this level...

Then, if we see that they have judged a beer highly (like they did with Ray Mills' outstanding beers - I really loved your German Pilsner, can I swap you one of my kids for the recipe ;) :lol: ), we put the bottle to one side as a "Stewards Sampler"!

We had over 200 beers and of that, about 180 bottles of excellent beer to finish off!

Believe it or not, we had a couple of infections - not sure who's beer they were (we just see the bottles with a sticker and a four digit code on it), so if you had an entry that was scored low, don't worry - it might have been an infected bottle rather than a bad beer brewed...

Who says competitions are boring ;) :chug: :chug:

Cheers,
TL (in the beer brewing premiership winning state!) :p B) :chug:

Congratulations Ray. Well Done.

Cheers,
Jase

Good stuf Ray...
I look forward to getting my hands on the pills recipe too

Anyone else heard anything?

Asher for now

All,
The following info is a bit of a scoop before the official results are published;

For those of you who don't know top beer was Mike Day with an IPA.
Champion Brewer went jointly to Christoph and NSW brewer Ray Mills
who scored 8 points each using the 3 for a first, 2 for a second
and 1 for a third place.
The top five beers went to Canberra Brewers. Congatulations to all
the prize winners.
Cheers,
TL

Congrats Ray, excellent result.

TL (in the beer brewing premiership winning state!)

ACT is not a state, it's a territory. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trough Lolly said:
All,
The following info is a bit of a scoop before the official results are published;

For those of you who don't know top beer was Mike Day with an IPA.
Champion Brewer went jointly to Christoph and NSW brewer Ray Mills
who scored 8 points each using the 3 for a first, 2 for a second
and 1 for a third place.
The top five beers went to Canberra Brewers. Congatulations to all
the prize winners.
Cheers,
TL
Any idea of when the results WILL be posted ?
Any other inside info for AHB members who entered ?

Doc

Hi
Well I was supprised when I got a phone call from Kurtz on Sunday arvo. Never thought I would get this far. (then again I did it in 2002).

Thanks guys and at this stage i have know idea what beers won. The Canberra brewers print a booklet later with the three winning recipes in each Catagory. get your hands on it when its out.

Will post the recipes later if you like.

Cheers
Ray

Will post the recipes later if you like.

That would be great Ray, the more award winning beers in the recipe section the better.

Congratulations,
Andy

Look forward to seeing the full list. Only to see if my other two beers were accepted.(The ones that "wouldn't" have placed in the SA if judged together)....
But I'm happy B)
2nd for my Marzen....
5th for the GT Rice Lager..... It was ~ 6 months old by the time of judging. A bit past it. But there's always next year. I'm brewing another batch of it this weekend actually.... one day it will be famous I tell you!! ;)

If AHB was a state, I think we all won.... Congrats All

Asher for now

Latest posts

Back