A Long Long Brew Day!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gout

Bentleigh Brau Haus
Reaction score
Well after 4 years, and 1 test brew (where i couldnt remember much on how to brew) I decided to test the slightly new set out brewery.

basicly 120Lt boiler, 50Lt mash etc and use rain water to chill.

The day started out late as i was up at 3am the day before (hunting) then watching the tour de france till late. To be honest a day to clean, and set up the brewery then crack grain and get things sorted would be smart - however i am daft so i thought lets power on through. the deal was 100Lt and use up grain and hops and test the brewery

up at 10, cleaning and stuffing about till 12 heating HLT then mash in etc etc boil (the 3 ring burner and electric really did struggle) however happy with my camping mat and gaffa tape as per many others. held the HLT much better than without

the mash lost temp over time hence the HERMS will be tried next brew (all the bits are waiting for my lazy self to install)

Cooling worked well - the rain tank chilled all 4 fermenters to 22 deg without using mains water so i was happy - the fricken pipes that slipped off and decided to try and burn me slowed things down but once sorted worked well

I will now try to tidy it up and get it working better and continue the 4 brew theory.

next month herms and a tidy up

11:30pm and now having a beer - What a day!

Back