A Good Opening

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dig

Reaction score
opener.jpg

I made this one ten years ago and it's still going strong. It's a hunk of jarrah that's been spun in a lathe, two stainless screws inserted and a golf grip fitted by the pro shop. I dare not contemplate the number of beers that have been liberated with this opener.

That's a beautiful thing.

Countless promo bottle openers around the house. My fav at the moment is the magnetic one stuck to the side of my fridge, mostly because I didn't pay for it :D, thanks bro !

I've got three regular-use openers at the moment,

1. Credit-card one that lives in the wallet
2. Solid Mildura Brewery opener that doubles very well as a coaster.
3. A hammer

Photo_60.jpg

Photo_61.jpg

Photo_62.jpg

I'm still perfecting that technique. Half the time I either rip the bottom off the lighter or shoot the cap over the other side of the room.

They start to look a bit second hand after a few six packs, but I haven't had one pop or leak on me (yet). I used to use another (still capped) bottle, but when you get down to your last bottle the lighter in your pocket seems like a pretty good substitute.

Oh and shooting the cap across the room is at the top of the pro's column IMO.

I made this one ten years ago and it's still going strong.

hah, thought you meant the beer :lol:

kai, love the hammer. it can open the bottle, then help you keep everyone in line after they've had too many!
joe

Remember in my youth grabbing quite a few long necks from the local with my mates and going down to the beach or where ever and sinking a few on hot summers.Problem was we often forgot a bottle opener so used what was most handy.
The car door on my old HR Holden.Jeez that car door opened heaps in her day before i sold her.

Cheers
Big D

kai, love the hammer. it can open the bottle, then help you keep everyone in line after they've had too many!
joe

Yep, quick tap on the temple and they're back in place.

I have museum stock going back to September 05. I'll be having a look at all of those before I finish up in March. Might be quite interesting...

I used to have an awesome bottle opener, 2003 Rugby World Cup one, probably got stolen or something.

Anyway, you put it over the top of your bottle, push it down, take it off the bottle and the cap would be removed and magnetically stuck to the side.

I gave it the onomatopoeic name "kachunker". I miss it :(

I used to have an awesome bottle opener, 2003 Rugby World Cup one, probably got stolen or something.

Anyway, you put it over the top of your bottle, push it down, take it off the bottle and the cap would be removed and magnetically stuck to the side.

I gave it the onomatopoeic name "kachunker". I miss it :(
Hey, I had one of those! Never figured out how the darn thing worked...
The one I had got into a fight with my Boonie doll and mysteriously vanished.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned one of these yet:

seatbelt.jpg

Back