A Brewtree In The Making Finished

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

technocat

Reaction score
My Xmas present to myself was getting this project finished by the start of the festive season. Started last February from an idea off an American forum site. It was quite a challenge as Tasmania just doesn't have the offerings of many of parts and fittings for special projects like the Mainland. Hours of trawling the net bore fruit and after much planing and head scratching and following the KISS theory here is the result.

View attachment 34094 View attachment 34095

Does it make good beer.......you betcha

:icon_cheers:

Very impressive looking setup there, the brew tree idea is quite popular with our local brew club and I really like the concept. Looks like quite a bit of work has gone into it, must be good to finally have it all finished. Even better if it makes good beer all while looking the goods!

Hey nice,

Whats the small ss vessels on the side and down ther bottom? A grant?

cheers

Darren

Noice Beernut very nice. Must be proud of a job well done. I am amased with the fame of Tassies breweries that there isn't more brewers and brewing equipment from the Apple Isle. Your stand sure does make me motivated to start hard plumbing and neaten up Sherman for next years brewing turmoil.

Have a Merry and Safe Christmas Beernut. I'll be crossing my fingers for ya not have snow on Christmas day this year!

Chap Chap

Hey nice,
Whats the small ss vessels on the side and down ther bottom? A grant?
cheers
Darren
Thanks for the applause guys, Darren the S/S unit down the bottom is a counterflow chiller. The tube camlock on the boiler is swapped to the inlet of the pump and the outlet of the pump goes to the fitting at the top left of the chiller and the valve at the branch outlet is open. Hey but you AG brewers should know all that.

:chug:

Noice Beernut very nice. Must be proud of a job well done. I am amased with the fame of Tassies breweries that there isn't more brewers and brewing equipment from the Apple Isle. Your stand sure does make me motivated to start hard plumbing and neaten up Sherman for next years brewing turmoil.
Have a Merry and Safe Christmas Beernut. I'll be crossing my fingers for ya not have snow on Christmas day this year!
Chap Chap

Chappo if it snows here at Xmas I am leaving the State with brew rig in tow of course. I wanted to do the plumbing in S/S tube as I had 10mm tube on hand but just could not source the right fittings so I gave it up and went helical wire PVC on the cool side and Silicon tube on the hot much to my disgust at the price of the damn stuff.

HERMS is on the top left Raven and a handy bit of gear if you want to get your efficiency up.

Nice! I can only dream. Its gravity and buckets for me all the way I'm afraid! :lol:

Chappo if it snows here at Xmas I am leaving the State with brew rig in tow of course. I wanted to do the plumbing in S/S tube as I had 10mm tube on hand but just could not source the right fittings so I gave it up and went helical wire PVC on the cool side and Silicon tube on the hot much to my disgust at the price of the damn stuff.

Mate of mine comes from Hobart (Scar on the neck has healed nicely) about 2 Christmases ago, maybe more?, it was snowing on Mt Wellington on Christmas Day. To be honest I was jealous as all hell because him and the family had a white christmas. Also how much more can you enjoy the Christmas fan fare without the 38C heat with 98% humidity?

Yeah the tubing is not cheap by any stretch but well worth it for the flexibility IMO.

Many Happy brewing Beernut.

Latest posts

Back