9litre Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wombil

Reaction score
Hello All,
I read an article by Nick JD here a few days ago,"Move to All Grain for Thirty Bucks".I liked the idea of starting on small batches but cannot find the post again.Got the 20 litre stovetop one but am looking for the 9 litre one.Can anyone send a link or point me in the direction to this post?
Been to Big W and got the $35 coffee grinder and a 19 litre SS pot for $20 so keen to go.
thanks for any help on this.

You'll enjoy it fantastically. The beer will be excellent, but the issue is that after a few batches' worth of drinking, you'll get frustrated at the effort vs how quick it gets drunk (and you don't). I use a 2nd pot and do 23L batches. 30 bottles are better for the effort. I can't wait to (afford) obtain a 70L pot and do double batches, and have lots of beer for the same effort again.

Good luck, ask questions, look in the recipedb for good recipes (sort by stars).

Goomba

+1 to what Goomba said. I think he's been sneaking into my head too.

I'm playing around with 10 litre batches at the mo to find a couple of beers I really like, then I'll get stuck in to doing some larger batches.

the big plus point with small batches for me at the moment is that I can play about with recipes and grains and hops without having a lot of beer to drink.

unfortunately my first two AG beers have been awesome and finished all too quickly.

at least with a small batch I'm not cleaning and sterilising 70 stubbies!

at least with a small batch I'm not cleaning and sterilising 70 stubbies!

I feel your pain there, i cracked it with the cleaning part the other night, nearly broke my brewing spirit!!

OP, small brews are a great idea especially for the first few batches until you get your processes down pat, I guess it depends on how much you drink too :chug: .

I don't drink enough at home (the worst quality you can have as a homebrewer!) so I stick to ~10L batches so I can pump out beers more often and get used to different methods and ingredients.

Latest posts

Back