60 Litre Fermenters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clemo

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get cheap 60 litre fermenters? Even used ones?

putting your location in your profile or in this thread will help alot. There are many wholesale places around Aus that sell them for almost half the price LHBS have them but not knowing where you are then it will be hard to say. Also the cost to post such item would not be cheap so buying locally would be cheaper then buying a cheap one and paying $40 postage for one or what ever they charge. of coarse I guess a HBS could fill it with gear you may also need.

putting your location in your profile or in this thread will help alot. There are many wholesale places around Aus that sell them for almost half the price LHBS have them but not knowing where you are then it will be hard to say. Also the cost to post such item would not be cheap so buying locally would be cheaper then buying a cheap one and paying $40 postage for one or what ever they charge. of coarse I guess a HBS could fill it with gear you may also need.

too true. im from the hunter valley, havent seen any brew shops out here. I used to go to the entrance when i lived down that way, but its a bit far now

ok MHB might stock them in islington or contact plasdene they quoted me $41 + GST last time

60 Litre fermenters are $25 each down here. Not much good to you though mate unless you can get someone to send you one. Crown Concepts will only send you a whole pallet.

Crown Concepts

ok MHB might stock them in islington or contact plasdene they quoted me $41 + GST last time

Not sure of the price of the 60l at Plasdene, however the price of the 25l I brought was $13.60 + GST in Melb. A very reasonable price. There was a minimum order way $100, which is fair enough as it's not really retail. Not sure if it's the same in Hunter. I topped my order up with some crown seals.

http://www.plasdene.com.au/category/produc...L-60LTR-2631-NT

Looks like there is a shop in the Hunter region.

I bought one on ebay pretty cheap a while back but I have not seen many on there lately. If you search outside the home brew options on ebay sometimes you find people/companies that sell them for storage rather than fermenting.
Mine came from a company that stored non toxic material in it. I Just gave it a good scrub, drilled a hole for an airlock and it ferments perfectly.

Not sure of the price of the 60l at Plasdene, however the price of the 25l I brought was $13.60 + GST in Melb. A very reasonable price. There was a minimum order way $100, which is fair enough as it's not really retail. Not sure if it's the same in Hunter. I topped my order up with some crown seals.

http://www.plasdene.com.au/category/produc...L-60LTR-2631-NT

Looks like there is a shop in the Hunter region.

Well this is the email I got a reply to:

Hi kelby , price is 41.00 pl us gst , and we do have stock

Thanks stan.

Hello,

I am just inquiring about the 60lt HDPE drum (product number PL-60LTR-2631-NT). Do you sell these but the single drum? As I am wanting to get just the one also what is the price for just one?

Thanks,
Kelby

Back