$50 Shopping Challenge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the boys in NSW or Newcastle/Sydney MHB is selling un-named malt for $2 per Kg. For what its worth I would love another bag for christmas. I did a test brew with a few kgs and some darks malt and made a Schwartzbier last week and I hit 85% efficency into the kettle, 10% more than normal. this malt is sensational and at $2 per Kg its gold.
(sorry Mark it had to be said :( )
Steve

OK, it has to be asked, who, what, where is MHB?

Yep. Mark's Home Brew. Site is there. It's up Newcastle way somewhere. The website is under construction ;) but if you find MHB's profile, click on the little AG Download link in the My Content box and you should get a list of his stock. If it's not there, then give him a ring and I'm sure he'll help you out.

If your using a plate or counterflow chiller I find an in-line thermometer (brand I use is "Blichmann ThruMometer") to be a very handy addition. I have one between the chiller and the fermenter, and a flow control valve on the hose water as it enters the chiller. Makes hitting my pitching temp real easy. Currently advertised for $51 at www.ibrew.com.au but if you explain your $50 Christmas limit they may well knock a dollar off for you.

Thrumometer in-line thermometer......$51.00
Vendor Page Link

ThruMometer.jpg

I love that

If your using a plate or counterflow chiller I find an in-line thermometer (brand I use is "Blichmann ThruMometer") to be a very handy addition. I have one between the chiller and the fermenter, and a flow control valve on the hose water as it enters the chiller. Makes hitting my pitching temp real easy. Currently advertised for $51 at www.ibrew.com.au but if you explain your $50 Christmas limit they may well knock a dollar off for you.

Thrumometer in-line thermometer......$51.00
Vendor Page Link

View attachment 22998

That would be John at Ibrew, and he`s been known to stop for a chat.
Wharever you do, don`t say"how ya goin" if you haven`t got 2 days to spare :D

stagga.

Aren't they closer to $500? I guess it depends what you mean by quality :p

mate i work for ergon energy and cal the fluke meters with temp probes, eg fluke 187 and the 289

man they NEVER read correct i always have to adjust the fluke buy a few degrees.

its unbelavable 1k+ fall out of synce so quick 9well only the temp does but still)

for reference u cal them to the NATA standards using a fluke 5500A calbritator unit and met track/metcal

EVERY one should check there temp probes b4 every important use boiling water and freezing water will give u an idea

Back