50% Off 4 Or 6 Packs At 1st Choice If You Check In Using Foursquare

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been 5 times now...

Schofferhoffer Kristalweizen - 6 pack
Gauloise Ambre - 4 pack
White Rabbit Dark Ale - 6 pack
Feral Brewery Hop Hog - 4 pack
James Squires Golden Ale - 6 pack (for SWMBO)

Hopefully go again tonight, tomorrow and Thursday!

You just cant beat these prices.

Also, I went to a different store when I purchased the JSGA and spent 15 minutes browsing what I thought was their entire beer collection. I was pretty dissapointed with the poor range of beers...I grabbed the JSGA to compare to my DSGA homebrew and started to walk to the checkout. Then in the corner of my eye I saw some Belgium Ale's in 750ml bottles...the expensive (and generally international) beer was placed in an entire different section of the store. They had quite a good range!

So if you go to a 1st Choice and think they have a cruddy range, check twice that you haven't missed the good stuff.

Anything Unibroue, buy it all... if you don't like it, I'll buy it off you! Can't buy the stuff up in Qld anymore, all sold out.

I love this offer, and the fact that Dans will match it...I've been pillaging my local Dans. 1.5 cases of Duvel, a case of Delerium Tremens, 3/4 case of Moonshine and 4 pack of Leffe Blonde - then the next time they realised they don't have a 4 or 6 pack code for it so I was denied. I sooo wish I could get some Unibroue beers :-(

Dans around here wont match it as it is an "Internet Deal". I think this is the case for all melbourne.
Hard to find Duvel outside of Port Melbourne sadly. Delerium Tremens does not come in anything but a single (maybe a case but no 4 or 6 packs in Melbourne First Choice- someone please correct me if I am wrong).
Lovin' it.

Had to park outside Dans at Kippa Ring tonight and thought I'd give it a crack.

Do you match 1st choice offers says I.
How about the 1/2 price 6 pack says I.
Yes says check out person, show me proof.
Whips out me phone, voila!
Gets sixer of Duvel off shelf.
$49!! says she, for a six pack???
Yes.
Let me talk to my supervisor.
He says never heard of this,let me talk to the Manager.
Manager arrives and banter ensues......
Let me phone someone says he.
waiting
waiting
waiting.........
We don't normally but this time we will says he.
Yay!!!!

Maybe I should hit them up again before work tomorrow. <_<

Been every work day since the day i heard of it, lucky there's parking outside the local on the way home from work...
The missus and i grab one each.

Brewdog Punk IPA
Brewdog Trashy Blonde
Duvel
Pepperjack
Beez Kneez
Pilsner Urquell
Mountain Goat Steam Ale
Mountain Goat Hightail
James Squire IPA
James Squire Porter
Alpha Pale Ale
Big Helga
fat Yak
Vale Ale Pale Ale
Bighead
Schofferhofer Kristalwiezen
Schofferhofer Hefeweizen
Montieths Golden
Leffe Blonde
Leffe Radieuse
Pepperjack
Lil Creatures Pale
Stone & Wood Pacific
Murrays Nirvana
Murrays Whale Ale
Endeaver Pale
Endeavour Brown Ale
Wicked Wit Bier
Williams Pale Ale

+ a few i have probably missed.

The beer shelf is absolutely stocked!
Great Deal.

Edit: However it is a struggle for euro beers due to the 'single bottle' only.

went to port melbourne,very limited range..got holgate temptress
You reckon ? They had several English beers , Duvel , Leffe , Baltika Dark as well as heaps of Aussie micro's when i was there tonight... I even got some Timmemans Gueze Lambic at 50% off too , as they were outta date !
Happy Days

Been every work day since the day i heard of it, lucky there's parking outside the local on the way home from work...
The missus and i grab one each.

Brewdog Punk IPA
Brewdog Trashy Blonde
Duvel
Pepperjack
Beez Kneez
Pilsner Urquell
Mountain Goat Steam Ale
Mountain Goat Hightail
James Squire IPA
James Squire Porter
Alpha Pale Ale
Big Helga
fat Yak
Vale Ale Pale Ale
Bighead
Schofferhofer Kristalwiezen
Schofferhofer Hefeweizen
Montieths Golden
Leffe Blonde
Leffe Radieuse
Pepperjack
Lil Creatures Pale
Stone & Wood Pacific
Murrays Nirvana
Murrays Whale Ale
Endeaver Pale
Endeavour Brown Ale
Wicked Wit Bier
Williams Pale Ale

+ a few i have probably missed.

The beer shelf is absolutely stocked!
Great Deal.

Edit: However it is a struggle for euro beers due to the 'single bottle' only.

yes i caught the bug too! need new beer cellar, probably went a bit ott but hey half price is half price, isnt it?

beir_001.JPG

Couple there i'm missing :icon_cheers:
Pretty much emptied the one near me!

Couple there i'm missing :icon_cheers:
Pretty much emptied the one near me!

mate I've been like a bitch on heat ! been to nearly every store in bris at least once :) might try to pick up 4 x pacific ale tomorrow to finish off :chug:

Yeah its been an awesome deal, I had a look at previous 4square deals and the last beer one was not as generous April : Get $5 off ANY 2 six packs of beer with every daily check-in.

Looks like the easiest way to keep track is to just check their twitter feed on 1st of the month to see if they have a decent special for that monthl:

http://twitter.com/#!/1stchoiceliquor

Until the next time I can delete Foursquare off my phone. :rolleyes:

I only did one Dan Murphy's price match at the Brighton store, they refused 'as head office had not told them' to match this deal, I said thats not one of the rules in your policy. They said we need evidence like an ad or reciept that shows its in stock and what the 50% off price would be. I said well as it happens I have one in the car, the manager was happy enough then but only matched the price on a 4 pack of punk IPA.

You reckon ? They had several English beers , Duvel , Leffe , Baltika Dark as well as heaps of Aussie micro's when i was there tonight... I even got some Timmemans Gueze Lambic at 50% off too , as they were outta date !
Happy Days

I didn't see sany Timmerman's for half price, neither yesterday nor this morning. Are there any left??

Also, who was the ******* that got the remaining Duvel, and left me with only three?? There were loads yesterday!!

I had to settle for Holgate Temptress this morning!!

This is making me cry. We have a huge range at Sunbury but I can't get foursquare on my phone and they won't do the offer without it!!!

Dans at Northlakes match the deal today. Got a grimbergen dubbel sixer. Also had Youngs double choc stout for 2 95 in bargain bi, got three. A day of double.

Back