50% Off 4 Or 6 Packs At 1st Choice If You Check In Using Foursquare

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
which store was that? just so I know not to go there
Mansfield on Wecker road

Edit: i'll probably try the one on Newnham Rd Upper Mt Gravatt and see if they have the full lineup there

I went into Oxley last night and it looks like a few people smashed it before I got there. No Alpha on the shelves, no Fat Yak on the shelves, 3 bottles of Dogbolter only. They did have Boh Pils, Redback and Big Helga. I may need to go for a drive today.

It is about time Dans came in with a counter offer. Dans also has the long shot which i havent seen at 1st.

Grabbed a 6 pack of Fat Yak and a 4 pack of Alpha last night.
Staff were quite confused as the system ended up giving me both for the cheaper 4 pack Alpha price. ($14:50ish)

Definitely somethings up with the process/codes.

I missed out last time as my Symbian phone (Nokia) crashed everytime I tried to log in.

I checked this morning in the OVI store and a new version 'foursquare for Symbian' was available. Worked perfect.

No Alpha ale at the local, but I got a 6 pack of Bo Pils and a Fat Yak for $15.50 so pretty happy, will be back there tomorrow

QldKev

Bo pils and dogbolter.

lutwyche rd

no alpha that i saw

Went to Chancellor Park, tried to get dogbolter & fat yak. I was told that can't I get a six & a four pack, I had to get two of either..
sounded like bollocks but the mentally challenged checkout chick was struggling enough as it was.

I would have got some Alphas but they were $25 / 4 pack.. WTF, is that normal?

Went to Chancellor Park, tried to get dogbolter & fat yak. I was told that can't I get a six & a four pack, I had to get two of either..
sounded like bollocks but the mentally challenged checkout chick was struggling enough as it was.

I would have got some Alphas but they were $25 / 4 pack.. WTF, is that normal?

check the price tag on the shelf. i was left pondering why the alphas were going fo $25 when the tag said the price for a single was $5. Turns out the label on the shelf is $25 for a six pack which doesnt help because they are sold in four packs

Tag said 6 packs for the Alpha - so I grabbed 3x4 packs for the $23 or whatever it is.

No Dogbolter unfortunately - I wanted to try some.

I missed out last time as my Symbian phone (Nokia) crashed everytime I tried to log in.

I checked this morning in the OVI store and a new version 'foursquare for Symbian' was available. Worked perfect.

No Alpha ale at the local, but I got a 6 pack of Bo Pils and a Fat Yak for $15.50 so pretty happy, will be back there tomorrow

QldKev

Kev,
When you checked in did you get a picture showing the offer?
When I did it on my symbian phone using the same app you mention, I didn't get the offer as a large picture. just a couple of lines of text outlining the offer. As the store I went to had not seen that version before, they were a little hesitant to give me the deal, because they are used to seeing it on a iphone etc etc.

Worked out in the end, but Erina store does not have Alpha, which I am not impressed about.

Kev,
When you checked in did you get a picture showing the offer?
When I did it on my symbian phone using the same app you mention, I didn't get the offer as a large picture. just a couple of lines of text outlining the offer. As the store I went to had not seen that version before, they were a little hesitant to give me the deal, because they are used to seeing it on a iphone etc etc.

Worked out in the end, but Erina store does not have Alpha, which I am not impressed about.

I did it on the iphone and it was the same - just a line of text.

Awesome deal - $16 for a 6 pack of bohemian pils and a 4 pack of Alpha Pale ale. Gave myself a father's day present of a bottle of Youngs Double Choc Stout which I hadn't tried before - YUMMMMMMMM....

Just a few lines of text on mine, but they just read it and processed it with no queries.

QldKev

Anyone been able to find the dogbolter in Brisbane? I have been to 3 stores - Mansfield, Mt Gravatt and Cannon Hill and neither of them had it.

Adam.

No dogbolter or Alpha at moonee pond's store..according to the staff all stores have different stock..try Port Melbourne on the weekend

Back