50 Litre Wheelie Bins

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will order through CB = Ross owes commish on this one! ;)

The one with the line attached, I fear it is not enough line to create back pressure and froth ahoy!.....

ANyway, I am going in! :)

It better be good times BG or is it on your head! :lol:

Thanks again mate, now what was this thread about?!? :rolleyes:

It's a lot wider tube than the normal kegerator type tube so probably balances up that way.

Brew Your Own Magazine - November 2008, Vol.14, No.7

For those who might be interested.

5.jpeg 6.jpeg 7.jpeg
8.jpeg9.jpeg10.jpeg
11.jpeg12.jpeg13.jpeg
14.jpeg15.jpeg16.jpeg
17.jpeg18.jpeg19.jpeg
20.jpeg

Can you get those bins in Australia? That's an awesome setup!

---

As for Bronco taps, they're bloody awesome. In some ways they're the best taps you can get.

Yeah get the one with the line from craft brewer. The line has a smaller ID and thus gives more resistance and can be shorter. It's also more insulated, and isn't see-through so the beer in the line can't be light struck. It's also very flexible line, much more flexible than the normal 5mm ID line we all use.

Hi Mark,

I reckon that BYO set-up is just what would be a standard size 'council' green bin, again conventiently located at the big green shed, or if you are so inclined, on the cerb side once a week!! ;)

Cheers SJ

I dunno mate, it looks a bit wider to me, but then I guess 3 cornies should fit in a regular bin all the same.

Considering my bin smells even when I open it for a second I won't be doing a test.

I'm not sure how many of you have tried to go portable with a 19L keg, but I have, and it's bloody easy!. I have a kegcharger with 16g bulbs (2 nearly empties a keg) and a portable tap setup. Here's the beauty of the kegs though. They serve off the bottom of the keg, so as long as the bottom 300mm is covered in ice, you get a frost cold beer. Yep the top half can be out in the hot weather, but the beer is ice cold if the bottom of the keg is cold. I have actually just used an esky that's about 300mm high, put the keg in and filled it with ice.

So, that 50 litre (or 66 litre from Go-lo) will be perfect, just cut a hole in the top and let the keg stick out... OR, just leave the lid open....

I was thinking about cutting a hole in the top of the lid and fitting an upside down bucket so that it could fit a full size cornie, but the shank I've used for the tap is a bit long so the keg would have to sort of sit in the corner.

Hi Mark,

I reckon that BYO set-up is just what would be a standard size 'council' green bin, again conventiently located at the big green shed, or if you are so inclined, on the cerb side once a week!! ;)

Cheers SJ

In the article he doesn't mention the size of the bin but it only cost him $19 from the US version of Bunnings, but it does look wider.

It's worth trying to get this issue of BYO if kegerators are your thing as it also has this article:
A.jpeg
B.jpegC.jpeg
E.jpegF.jpeg
G.jpegH.jpeg
I.jpegJ.jpeg
K.jpegL.jpeg
M.jpegN.jpeg
O.jpeg

Back