50 Litre Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukec

Reaction score
Hi all,Trying to get my hands on a 50l keg, anyone in the Melbourne area have one for sale?

LukeC, i bought one from Keg King in Dandy North for $45 about 8 weeks ago. It is a 50L Greene King keg imported by them from NZ... works a treat.
Of course I had to go at it with a circular saw etc to turn it into a keggle. :)

Go visit them and you can choose your keg and your price (mine had more scratches than others, i couldver got a better condition one and paid more... but bugger that. the inside was spotless).

very happy

Hi ihave 60L drums avail for sale @ $25 each previous breweers have pruchased from me. I am in NSW but can arrange postage thanks

Approx 640mm H x 400mm W
Capacity marking indents on drum 10L mark, 20L mark, 30L mark etc

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Hi ihave 60L drums avail for sale @ $25 each previous breweers have pruchased from me. I am in NSW but can arrange postage thanks

Approx 640mm H x 400mm W

not too sure that'll work with a burner under it :)

But good spot advertising

LukeC, i bought one from Keg King in Dandy North for $45 about 8 weeks ago. It is a 50L Greene King keg imported by them from NZ... works a treat.
Of course I had to go at it with a circular saw etc to turn it into a keggle. :)

Go visit them and you can choose your keg and your price (mine had more scratches than others, i couldver got a better condition one and paid more... but bugger that. the inside was spotless).

very happy

Thanks, after seeing there website I will be dropping in tomorrow and parting with some hard earned.

Approx 640mm H x 400mm W

How much for postage to Melbourne?

How much for postage to Perth ??? 60l fermenters will mean instead of 4 x 30l fermenters I could do 4 x 60l in same space ... sounds awesome ... I wonder if the Commander of sector West will approve ??? lol ..

Seriously though .. whats the freight cost ??

How much for postage to Melbourne?

How much for postage to Perth ??? 60l fermenters will mean instead of 4 x 30l fermenters I could do 4 x 60l in same space ... sounds awesome ... I wonder if the Commander of sector West will approve ??? lol ..

Seriously though .. whats the freight cost ??

Fellas, you know the invention of a 60l fermenter is not a new concept yeah? They've been around for a long time. Most decent plastics stores will sell them. I live in a regional city with a population of 20,000. I have atleast three stores where i can get these.

I'm not trying to do the retailer out of a sale, but i'm sure you probably have a store within 5-10mins drive that would sell them, and have no freight cost. Whilst the weight of these is not "heavy", i would bet me left nut (right one's already spoken for) that the "cubic weight" to freight something like that would be pretty large.

Fellas, you know the invention of a 60l fermenter is not a new concept yeah? They've been around for a long time. Most decent plastics stores will sell them. I live in a regional city with a population of 20,000. I have atleast three stores where i can get these.

I'm not trying to do the retailer out of a sale, but i'm sure you probably have a store within 5-10mins drive that would sell them, and have no freight cost. Whilst the weight of these is not "heavy", i would bet me left nut (right one's already spoken for) that the "cubic weight" to freight something like that would be pretty large.

true, and I already have a 60L fermenter and love it but it cost more than $25. Even with freight this should work out cheaper... check the prices @ your local HBS!

true, and I already have a 60L fermenter and love it but it cost more than $25. Even with freight this should work out cheaper... check the prices @ your local HBS!

I must be luckiest son of a bitch around - my local plastics place often has them for $30.
The same place has the 20lt white cubes for no chill for less than $10. I can get standard 23lt fermenters for $10.95. Not even on special...

Everyone needs to come and live closer to me.......please....i could do with some more brewing mates.

Back