4933ROTO-V faucets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait for djar. He's prolly the only one able to pour one yet.

Hope djar doesn't me posting recent message of his...

djar007 said:

msg-26752-0-05036000-1387069705.jpg

They are very nice taps and work smooth as butter. Love them.

Mmmmmm..... butter.

I can't believe it's not butter. Filled a couple of bottles with mine tonight. Wound it down low and they filled very nicely. Beats hooking up the cp filler. These are so nice to pour a beer on. So far I have tested them with a stout, ipa and another belgian ale. They are easy to adjust to control the head and in the case of my Belgian ale which was a little under carbed, easy to pull the handle back to throw a head on it. Taps have loosened up so the just glide on and off. Well worth the money I think. I just wish I could pour more beers on them.

Got mine in the mail today. Have to admit I got a little excited, however, I am on nigthshift atm, so havent been able to fit it up yet. Iwill post a pic or 2 when I get a chance.
Thanks for getting these in PF.
Cheers
LB

Am I missing something or is it in the design of these taps that makes them stick out so far? djar's taps almost look like they wouldn't drip into the drip tray and I haven't seen the tap without that large stem.

Anyone?

The flow control is the first nut on the tap closest to the spout. They are longer that's for sure. But they do drip into the drip tray. I will post an over the top view so you can see. Regards dave.

edit: Here is the photos. Hard to tell. But the drips tell the story. Works for me . So just so you know. Its the Keg King Kegerator and the Keg King Stainless Drip Tray.

2013-12-18 20.05.39.jpg
2013-12-18 20.05.49.jpg
2013-12-18 20.05.53.jpg
2013-12-18 20.06.02.jpg

Oh! The flow control! I thought it was the little lever looking thing on the ball, which now I guess it's decoration. I am to familiar with the perlick I guess..

So that's where the flow control mechanism is! Was wondering when I saw pixes showing the "little lever looking thing on the ball" is actually part of the pull handle - it rotates the moving part of the "ball" looking thing.

Yeah, there is a plastic rotating ball inside the steel ball. The shiny thing on the outside is a composite of two sides engaging the inner ball and joining up to the tap handle.

Quick q. for you flow control users. Are you using shorter line?
I'm just about to hook mine up now and was wondering about getting rid of some of the extra curls in the fridge but perhaps I should go with the conventional 5ft+. Any thoughts?