4933ROTO-V faucets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pk.sax

RIP bum
Reaction score
$87.95 each

Shipping on 3 $85.00

Shipping on 10 $150.00

This is a tentative bulk buy for the micromatic 4933ROTO-V faucets.

Flow control ss faucets that I did see at the Belgian beer cafe in melb southbank.

Until Austin approves this, it's just an EOI.

Please post to the list. I'll get delivery to Canberra and possibly deliver a batch to 'someone' in Melb in the coming month when I come down.

Would like to wrap it up quickly. Payment/response would've to be prompt on closing or you'd get bumped.

1. PK - 3

$87.95 each

Shipping on 3 $85.00

Shipping on 10 $150.00

1. PK - 3
2. Cocko - 3 [Shipping depending]

$87.95 each

Shipping on 3 $85.00

Shipping on 10 $150.00

1. PK - 3
3. Black n Tan- 7x; I would also like to buy 4x 4 1/8" s/s shanks (Micromatic code 4334AS-304)and 4x chrome tap handles (micromatic code 4301-CH) from the same seller, if at all possible PracticalFool.

I love the look of these taps, I have never seen them in operation though. I do have 3x Perlick 545PC and don't know whether I should replace them or keep them.

If you have them shipped in lots of 10 I believe you'll avoid duty. If all are shipped together I believe you'll have to pay duty. Check to be sure.

Yea guys. Seems like one punter dropped out overnight.

Regardless. Blackntan, mate, you'd be better off ordering the lot on your own, PM you the email address shortly. I don't intend to get into the duty hassle. I hope people add on to the list, I'll pass on deets to people wanting to bb in their own town as interest divvies up.

PS: Austin indicated in principle OK for the bb.

Also I am curious about the price, it that USD or have you been quoted in AUD? Why is it lower than the store price?

Cocko said:
What is the cost on the Perlicks?

I am still keen.
MHBH hinted HERE price of new Perlicks won't be too different from existing ones.

Ok, so maybe good to look at the pros/cons to these two choices ...

4933ROTO-V
+ looks so curvvvy!!!
- could it be more fragile than the Perlick?

545SS
+ more easily available (including parts/accs) from Aus LHBS
+ tried and trusted design (assuming it wil be)
+ cheaper

I like the look of the 4933ROTO-V but may be just too hard - would I also need to get a Micromatic Elbow Shank Assembly as well or would the 1-1/8"-18 Body Thread be readily compatible with parts we can get here?

Little explanation:

Price is usd, I'll charge it to my card that doesn't cost forex fees so no hassles.

Seen the rotos at at least 2 bars so I like the look of them and they must last. Operated one for water at the vicbrew, man, that tap is sweet to use. Perlicks won't come close. The thing is sturdy too and seeing as Aussie bars do have them, I expect micromatic to bring them in local some stage, parts. Meh, haven't replaced anything on my perlicks in 3 years.

Another thing convincing me is the ss celli taps Ross sells, they get a good rap for quality and cost a bomb more. The rotov taps felt superior quality to the perlicks too and luckily the price is nice too. So, there.

Yep, buy is on. I'm going to confirm order of 10 taps tonight. Whoever gets in, does. If any leftover, just raise your hand after, first come... My risk in buying the unspoken for.

PS: 1-1/8" shanks are the standard everyone is using. Don't need anything special for fitting the rotov afaik.

Ok, this sucker for shiny and curvvvy will go in for one faucet - not sure what the state of the list is so I'm putting my dib in 3rd spot. Is Black n Tan the punter who's dropped out since Cocko said he's still interested?

--------------------

$87.95 each

Shipping on 3 $85.00

Shipping on 10 $150.00

1. PK - 3
3. MaltyHops - 1
4. Black n Tan- 7x; I would also like to buy 4x 4 1/8" s/s shanks (Micromatic code 4334AS-304)and 4x chrome tap handles (micromatic code 4301-CH) from the same seller, if at all possible PracticalFool.

Black n tan was going to get a separate order in since it'd kill the import duty thing.
Another person had 2 down. Either way, I've just confirmed 10 to them, hopefully they let me know asap of payment details and I can pay for it. Then it's ticking down to delivery! Excited, my perlicks are already gone and now this is my excuse to build the collar and prep for fitting these things up :D

So, 7 taps spoken for.

3 to go.
MaltyHops said:
Hey PK, looks like you're not able to receive PMs at the moment - is your PM storage full or something?
Yep, Just cleaned some space.

Updated list:

$87.95 each

Shipping on 10 $150.00

Cost = USD 102.95 per tap, landed in Canberra.

Order sent, waiting on payment instructions. Melbourne, I can hand carry them to peeps when I come down or post at your expense. Elsewhere, post at cost.

1. PK - 3
3. MaltyHops - 1

Djar indicated he wants 2, please confirm and update list mate.

Will have to see how it all goes, can't get the dosh right now. Interested to see the AUD amount.