4933ROTO-V faucets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick q. for you flow control users. Are you using shorter line?
I'm just about to hook mine up now and was wondering about getting rid of some of the extra curls in the fridge but perhaps I should go with the conventional 5ft+. Any thoughts?

I use about a metre, for no other reason than that's how much line I need to reach my kegs.

Works fine.

For anyone trying to pull one apart.

Caution: do not use cheapy hex keys :p that screw is hard and would strip the key. Good hard keys meant for precision work worked perfectly.

2mm key for flow control lock and 3mm key for disengaging flow control dial. Only disengage and re-engage at max flow setting. That's where the full 'hole' is visible. You'll know if you try it. I bet there has to be some sort of extractor tool to pull out the flow control shaft. I'm a bit wary of playing with the plastic bit, doesn't look like it's meant to be played with. At best it should just be able to be knocked out if that's what it is.

Quite tight on tolerances by the looks of it. It's fairly stiff to pull without beer going through it so I think it is actually tight tolerances keeping it from leaking.

Leave it alone I say.

Might be worth contacting these guys for info:

To learn more about this exciting project:
Email [email protected] and request RT VARIflow options.pdf

Or micromatic customer service USA.

Just finished a keezer build with four of these and had the first real crack at them last night. They feel fantastic! Smooth operation and a good seal. The flow control works well from no flow at all to flat out. I will be enjoying these for many years to come!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1390507881.729976.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1390507913.129994.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1390507950.889541.jpg

Did anyone here buy too many and have a spare one they wish to sell. I am going to go three taps in the kegerator and want to keep it balanced and neat. These taps are still working perfectly btw. Worth every cent.

I think we're all pretty happy with these things and don't wanna let any go!

I have a feeling djar is asking people if they'd be interested in another bulk buy...

I bought two of these on eBay recently. Came with Crown Lager handles.

Seems a bargain at $125 for the pair.

I found that the one I tested on my fridge was clogged quickly by I2PA hop debris, but seems to be working with a different ale and a backflush.

That is very cheap!
I've noticed the non flow control ones listed somewhere on a retail site in oz for about the same we paid for the fc ones. Sure the ones you got have FC?

I assume that comment was for me, and you inadvertently omitted the word 'Lucky'.

I 'Like' your comment regardless.

Anyone could have had those taps, by bidding a little more. I figured they were worth about $130 or so to me, plus postage.

*Edit - Total cost was $115.90 (postage included)* to add some salt to wounds