• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

45 Litre Kegs For Sale On Ebay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
guys just trying to sell his keg's.. is there a problem with that regardless of the price?

I have a problem....................they are ugly, there I said it :p

How would a keg like this react to being force carbonated with the shake rattle and roll method at 300kPa?
The sight gauge wouldn't blow off would it?

Don't reckon it would, however it IS something else that might be fiddly to clean......that's the only 'wonder' for me but personally I like these kegs and wish I could afford them. Perfect to drop an entire brew in for me.
And he didn't do anything wrong. This is an eBay thread. They are on eBay. The fact that he's the seller is irrelevant. He may have neglected to mention it here so people might actually ask questions via the auction instead of people clogging up this thread with them.

Good luck with the sale Rhino! :)

If there was ever a product where volume and price were not necessarily positively correlated, I think its postmix kegs! The 9L kegs can cost well over $100 (as you said) and 18L jobs are rarely any more than $70-odd. I think its partially due to the 9L kegs being more rare, but I think its also due to the convenience factor with 9L kegs (being able to take them to parties etc etc). The 45L kegs are far from convenient, and weigh a tonne when full (I have 5 of these kegs). I'm not having a go or anything, I just wanted to make the point that more volume doesn't always equal a higher price. :)

These kegs are rare. They came out of the MCG when the Great Southern Stand was renovated. They were modified by the refridgeration mechanic that removed them, and I bought them from him.

Do your five kegs have CUB fittings and level indicator? I didn't think so.

You say they are inconvenient, so you go and buy five of them?

I expect that the person who buys them is already into kegging and has other size kegs to take to parties. It would be a simple procedure (especially with two connection options) to pressure transfer beer from this keg to a "party" keg.

I am not seeking comments from armchair experts here. All forums I have frequented are full of these "experts".

I have something for sale that may interest somebody here. If so, great, if not, that's fine also, but keep unnecessary comments to yourselves.

Having said that, any questions will be happily answered.

trust, these things are rare and theres always someone out there willing to pay the right price, you just gotta find that someone.

I'd say these are rare'r thatn 9L kegs too. And your not gonna take a 45L keg to a party or transport it are you? Its really just for home. I reckon he'll get $250.

And if not i'll offer $180!

Thank god for Fents. There are some sensible people here.

You're not trying to butter me up for a cheaper price are you mate? :p

Cheers

I have a problem....................they are ugly, there I said it :p

OMG..........here is a fool that proves my point!

However, I could see how that would be a problem if you had a transparent fridge.

How would a keg like this react to being force carbonated with the shake rattle and roll method at 300kPa?
The sight gauge wouldn't blow off would it?

Do you keg Thunderlips? What gas line do you use from your regulator to your keg? Does that blow off?

It is pressure rated gas line, crimped hose clamps as either end over sawtoothed pipe. It aint goin' nowhere.

Keep em coming guys. It's just what I need after night shift.

Sorry about the attitude, but fairdinkum!

If there was ever a product where volume and price were not necessarily positively correlated, I think its postmix kegs! The 9L kegs can cost well over $100 (as you said) and 18L jobs are rarely any more than $70-odd. I think its partially due to the 9L kegs being more rare, but I think its also due to the convenience factor with 9L kegs (being able to take them to parties etc etc). The 45L kegs are far from convenient, and weigh a tonne when full (I have 5 of these kegs). I'm not having a go or anything, I just wanted to make the point that more volume doesn't always equal a higher price. :)

I think the 9L jobbies are more because they usually sell brand new. Ive never seen anyone hockin em off second hand. The 18L jobs are ALL second hand (Actually I saw one seller selling them new, and there were much more than the 9L ones!)

Oh, and for what its worth, if I ever didnt already have about 20 cornies (or if I ever did double batches) id buy em :p

Do you keg Thunderlips? What gas line do you use from your regulator to your keg? Does that blow off?
Sorry about the attitude, but fairdinkum!
I do keg.
Just a simple question mate. It's hard to tell from the picture how it's attached and if it could cope.
I was quite interested and I live just around the corner.

I do keg.
Just a simple question mate. It's hard to tell from the picture how it's attached and if it could cope.
I was quite interested and I live just around the corner.

Thanks mate. I'm a bit grumpy after night shift and getting a bit impatient with some. I'd rather questions from people who are interested, than comments from people who aren't.

Tell you what, If YOU are interested in a keg at the advertised price. I'll throw in your choice of one of the following:-

regulator, CUB keg coupler, Tooheys keg coupler, or a fermenter with accessories (tap, sediment reducer air lock and stirrer).

:rolleyes:

Do your five kegs have CUB fittings and level indicator? I didn't think so.

No they don't, they have ball lock fittings. Personally I can't see why home brewer would rather CUB fittings than ball lock, given that most home kegging connections are ball lock. Just my opinion though, each to their own...

You say they are inconvenient, so you go and buy five of them?

I didn't buy any of them - they are from a winery that didn't use them anymore, and they knew I was a brewer so they gave them to me. You'll find they are quite common in the wine industry, you just don't often see them on ebay. In fact there was a winery auction just recently where quite a few were sold for a pretty cheap price (I think it was posted here on AHB, but I can't remember the exact price).

I have something for sale that may interest somebody here. If so, great, if not, that's fine also, but keep unnecessary comments to yourselves.

That's great, and like I said from the start I never intended to bad mouth your kegs, I merely pointed out that your logic that bigger = more expensive doesn't follow the evidence I have seen in the past. If you disagree that's fine! And I don't think any comments made by anyone here have been "unnecessary" - they have been simply discussing the merits (and/or pitfalls) of the kegs that you're selling. You can't put something up for sale and expect only glamourous and complementary comments. People have the right to question any product you are asking them to consider buying from you.

Topic closed.

The accepted way of alerting members to ebay items is to post in the ebay thread. Many people have also used this to alert AHB members to an upcoming auction of their own goods and to declare their interests.

All issues about the kegs have been fully aired.

If you want to confirm any further details, continue on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back