• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

45 Litre Kegs For Sale On Ebay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sight gauge as well? :blink:

they look bloody handy.

Mate the price is a bit much.Then add the shipping.You could get 2 kegs off any of the retailers on this site for much less.The buggers must be heavy duty to weigh that much.Could you fit 2 of these in your chiller?.I have 30 liter kegs which I cant use just for the keg size V fridge size factor.Take some measurments and see if its a good idea.

Mate the price is a bit much.Then add the shipping.You could get 2 kegs off any of the retailers on this site for much less.The buggers must be heavy duty to weigh that much.Could you fit 2 of these in your chiller?.I have 30 liter kegs which I cant use just for the keg size V fridge size factor.Take some measurments and see if its a good idea.

I used these in a single door 310 litre fridge. I could fit one 45 and two 19 litre post mix kegs at the same time with ease.
There are 9 litre kegs on eBay at the moment starting at $145. You would need five of those ($725) to store the same volume.
I have seen two of these 45's sell for more on eBay. They didnt have CUB fittings, carry handles or a level indicator.
I just sold 7 19 litre kegs. They weighed almost 6 kgs each. 3 of these would be needed to accommodate the same volume of beer. That's 18 kgs of keg weight alone. Less than the one 45 litre keg. 3 times more cleaning. 3 times the o ring and poppet replacement etc.

The add reads local pickup preferred. I don't expect someone from Perth to buy them!

wheres seabrook mate? i might be keen.

wheres seabrook mate? i might be keen.

Point Cook.

Between Altona and Hoppers Crossing. 15 mins from Westgate Bridge heading towards Geelong. 5-7 mins from where Ring Road meets the Geelong (Princes) Freeway.

where bouts in the west you from rhino , i knew ago years ago called rhino out altona meadows way , which is right near seabrook ...

Hi all,

I am almost sure that I have seen these on E bay in the past.
It would have more than likely through a link from AHB as I don't frequent E bay myself.
If they were sold the first time, I wonder why they are for sale again?

On a side note, when I started kegging about 3 to 4 years ago I bought 4 x 45ltre soda kegs from a guy (HB retailer) in Sydney. These kegs were in top condition and dont have all those add on bits and pieces of the ones above.
From memory they were 120 buckeroos each.
I am still pleased with my purchase.

Cheers

I am almost sure that I have seen these on E bay in the past.
It would have more than likely through a link from AHB as I don't frequent E bay myself.
If they were sold the first time, I wonder why they are for sale again?

These were listed as part of a whole package on eBay including Fridge with Carlton Draught fridge door tap, seven 19 litre postmix kegs, 2 regulators, CUB keg coupler, Tooheys keg coupler, three gas and three beer disconnects, fermenter with tap, sediment reducer, airlock and stirrer and on and on the list went.

Buyer could not afford the lot so I kept these kegs, the fermenter and bits, one reg, and the couplers.

The price might seem high to some, but you would need 3 postmix kegs to cater for the same volume and as I have said, I have seen two sell for higher here without the add ons.

Some here have figured out that rhino171 and 171rhino might be the same person. Amazing :beer:

guys just trying to sell his keg's.. is there a problem with that regardless of the price?

Perhaps he could have added them to the e-bay thread, as opposed to starting one separately or even just started a thread, "For Sale" instead of directing to e-bay. I for one didn't even look at the name on the sale site, and until it was brought up here I wouldn't have even put 2 and 2 together. Although if I was in the market for something that large, I would probably buy. Seems to me to be good value. Got a lot of helpful things for the homebrewer there attached to one keg. Just my thoughts.

Cheers

HK

He's put the thread in the correct forum. There is nothing wrong with the post. It's been done here many times before.

The price might seem high to some, but you would need 3 postmix kegs to cater for the same volume and as I have said, I have seen two sell for higher here without the add ons.

If there was ever a product where volume and price were not necessarily positively correlated, I think its postmix kegs! The 9L kegs can cost well over $100 (as you said) and 18L jobs are rarely any more than $70-odd. I think its partially due to the 9L kegs being more rare, but I think its also due to the convenience factor with 9L kegs (being able to take them to parties etc etc). The 45L kegs are far from convenient, and weigh a tonne when full (I have 5 of these kegs). I'm not having a go or anything, I just wanted to make the point that more volume doesn't always equal a higher price. :)

trust, these things are rare and theres always someone out there willing to pay the right price, you just gotta find that someone.

I'd say these are rare'r thatn 9L kegs too. And your not gonna take a 45L keg to a party or transport it are you? Its really just for home. I reckon he'll get $250.

And if not i'll offer $180!

It would also make a great conditioning tank. i personally prefer the smaller kegs because they are much lighter and easier to pick up and move around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back