40 Min Boil Disaster, Wish Me Luck

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mje1980

Old Thunder brewery
Reaction score
After not brewing for 2 months, i tried to brew a danish pils today. Anyway, 40 mins in, i ran out of gas. So, in my infinte wisdom, decided to leave it to cool, and will pitch the yeast tomorrow. Will be mighty malty me thinks haha.

You could draw off 10 litres to a stockpot and boil on the stove for 20 mins - adding the flavouring hops to that if you want to keep up the hop levels!

Hey mje.

The best brews are always the accidents. :beer:

Warren -

Trough Lolly said:
Very true Warren, very true!!

TL
[post="126740"][/post]​

Beat me to it :p

Back to my boil, do I have enough gas left? <_<

Ahh, thank goodness for the trusty old immersion heater lying around for days like that.

Duff said:
Ahh, thank goodness for the trusty old immersion heater lying around for days like that.
[post="126748"][/post]​

Duff - How can something SOOO obvious be missed :blink: ? - I ran out of 2 gas bottles the other day & still headed off to the servo in a panic - Never thought of using my immersion - Geez... can't believe I didn't think of it...

cheers Ross

You guys make me sick!!!

You forget you have an immersion heater laying around - sheesh, I'd sell the neighbours kids on E-bay for one!!

Cheers,
TL the jealous...

Indeed...
you obviously have tooo much stuff...

What is your address? And dont forget to leave the door unlocked..

Jeez, it's not a luxury, it's an essential. It heats my HLT (read: empty fermenter full of water on top of overturned large flower pot with two pavers and an old BBQ plate for stability) :)

Likewise! But then again, I first saw an AG done by Duff so I took with me a few tricks of the trade except I use a filing cabinet for my HLT then a fold-out picnic table for the mash tun

Latest posts

Back