32 Jet Mongolian Burner Yellow Flame?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat007

Reaction score
Hey all

I am for some reason getting some weird yellow flames from my 32 jet mongolian burner. The only thing I've changed is a) had a boilover and some wort ended up on the burner and B) put a heat shield on the 3rd side - leaving only the front exposed.

From the top of the jets to the bottom of the keg is about 80mm

The burner sits on two pieces of 20mm angle iron - see pic. so there's heaps of air flow under it

Air flow from beneath should be heaps - but I'm wondering if adding that heat shield on the left side was enough to block airflow causing the yellow flame?

The tips of the jets are 80mm to the bottom of the keg - perhaps it needs to be lower down?

What are you thoughts?

582bc552.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you could block a few of the jets and push more gas through fewer jets, i run mine at full pressure but on a 35% duty cycle to maintain full blue flame but periodically.

Looks the same as the flames out of my 23 jet burner.

Without the keg there - the tips of the flames appears to be at least 20mm above where the base of the keg would be. I might try lowering it and seeing if that'll help. It's quite hard to see in the video - but it's not so much the yellow flame coming out of one or two of the jets - but there's a darker yellow flame that pretty much covers the whole bottom of the keg. It's like theres an oxygen starvation at the bottom of the keg - like the burn isn't complete?

Without the keg there - the tips of the flames appears to be at least 20mm above where the base of the keg would be. I might try lowering it and seeing if that'll help. It's quite hard to see in the video - but it's not so much the yellow flame coming out of one or two of the jets - but there's a darker yellow flame that pretty much covers the whole bottom of the keg. It's like theres an oxygen starvation at the bottom of the keg - like the burn isn't complete?

Its a bit hard to tell from the video and your picture, can the burning gas travel up the sides of the keg?
Or do they have to come out open side?
You could be right in saying there is oxygen starvation.

Latest posts

Back