30 Liter Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disco_tezz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wanting to know if there is a cheap place to pick up a second Fermenter,

My LHBS has them for about $50, thats brew craft in Oakleigh, but was hoping for something cheaper,

I am located in Glen Waverley, but will be down around Mornington over the weekend, So if there are any recomendations for either location that would be great.

Or if someone is selling theres. i could be interested.

Cheers

Terence

Hey, I'm not in your area but I think you should be able to get one for cheaper than $50. Certainly, I have seen 30L fermenters with an airlock and a tap here in Perth for $35-$40 new. Maybe scout around the net and look on some of the HB shops online and do some comparisons.

Hey, I'm not in your area but I think you should be able to get one for cheaper than $50. Certainly, I have seen 30L fermenters with an airlock and a tap here in Perth for $35-$40 new. Maybe scout around the net and look on some of the HB shops online and do some comparisons.

Try Grain and Grape - Their 30 litre fermentors are about $25.

you've just missed Brewcrafts 'stocktake sale'. their fermentors were about 40% off.
AHB marketplace is a good place. theres 2 fermentors for sale here. and no im not selling them. i only just bought another one.
otherwisde try G&G as suggested by Andy D

I was wandering through Bunnings the other day and noticed 25l round containers with a sealed lid for $12. I picked one up with a tap for another $1.50.

I use gladwrap so I didn't have to drill the lid but you could. The size was even OK because I only do 20l brews to fit in my kegs.

It's definitely not as thick as the regular fermenters but I've done a brew in it with no worries.

FazerP has another good suggestion. I also forgot to add cospak to the list. they sell cheap cubes also.

Another thing to think about is depending on your capacity and what you like to brew, you might like to think about getting a 60L fermentor instead/or well as. I love my 60L. lets me brew toucans and other high krausen brews without worrying about making a mess. I can also make double batches :D

I don't know how much time you have on your hands, but ebay's always an option...

you've just missed Brewcrafts 'stocktake sale'. their fermentors were about 40% off.
AHB marketplace is a good place. theres 2 fermentors for sale here. and no im not selling them. i only just bought another one.
otherwisde try G&G as suggested by Andy D

I don't know how much time you have on your hands, but ebay's always an option...

yeah i had a look in the AHB market place and PM'ed that bloke with the 2 fermenters, but they had sold already, looks like i will be heading to G&G,

As for ebay, been watching ebay for the past 2 week, but they end up going for more than the HBS, and then postage ontop, thanks for the idea anyway

I just brought a round 30L drum at kmart for $20, it is exactley the same as a fermenter with size and lid but all i had to do was drill a hole in the top for an airlock and put the tap in!!

Now i have beer!!!

Oh yeah there in the camping section

Latest posts

Back